ForumsQuestionsFirst MONDAY % Last Sunday

First MONDAY % Last Sunday
vittoge

Posted: Mar 26, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
would it be possible to choose as the First day Sunday OR Monday
in the monthly calendar view while adding a date to a task?

I did a lot of mistakes
choosing the last day in the week... that is Saturday !
OR
choosing the first day in hte calendar thinking about Monday... but is Sunday instead !!!

i think most of Europan users could appreciate this improvment

Tks from Genoa / Italy
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
I just wanted to add my support to this idea. I am american, but still have no idea why Sunday gets to be the first day of the week. I have not made any mistakes due to this set up, but philosophically I am totally opposed to the first day of the week being a part of the weekend.
Alan

Users should have the option of specifying which day they prefer to be the first day of the week. This should be configurable.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 27, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
J-Mac

Posted: Mar 27, 2009
I'll throw my support to this also. I am also in the US and I designate Monday as the first day of the week in every calendar application I have that will allow it.

I have never understood why Sunday is normally shown as the first day of the week in the US. I have read all the reasons why and frankly they make no sense to me at all. For most people, their week starts practically on Monday and they almost always consider Saturday and Sunday to be the "weekend".

So I am all for allowing users to select their own first day of the week.

Thanks!
vittoge

Posted: Mar 28, 2009
http://www.arcadja.com/artmagazine/it/category/mercato-dellarte/
pls have a look to the nice format of this calendar in the left pane of this web site
( is in Italian... but easely translateable )

just as an IDEA...

Bye V.
Philippe Blanc

Posted: Apr 03, 2009
Same here ,I promise I'll switch to subscription mode as soon as the monday week is implemented !
frossie

Posted: Apr 03, 2009
Posted by Philippe Blanc:
Same here ,I promise I'll switch to subscription mode as soon as the monday week is implemented !

Toodledo said in another thread that the Monday start of the week is being tested on their development server, so I imagine it won't be too long now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.