ForumsQuestionsClicking on Google Calendar button does nothing

Clicking on Google Calendar button does nothing
snoopbaron

Posted: Mar 27, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
When I click on the Google Calendar button that is supposed "This will add Toodledo to your Google calendar. Once you add Toodledo, you will see a check-mark icon attached to each day. Clicking on the icon will show the tasks for that day."

Nothing is added to my Calendar. I'm using Safari 3.2.1.

Any ideas?

I did get it to work by typing this URL directly into my address bar:
http://www.google.com/calendar/renderOnline?cid=http://www.toodledo.com/widget/googlecal.php

Also what is the difference between this method and the iCal feed method?

Does this actually add the items to my Google Calendar or simply overlay them without actually adding them to Google Calendar?

Thanks,
Snoop

This message was edited Mar 28, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Mar 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by snoopbaron:
Nothing is added to my Calendar. I'm using Safari 3.2.1.

Any ideas?

It worked fine for me. I suppose it could be the browser(I use firefox), but I am no expert on such things. Did you look in the subscribed calendars section on gcal to see if it is even listed?

Also what is the difference between this method and the iCal feed method?

Does this actually add the items to my Google Calendar or simply overlay them without actually adding them to Google Calendar?

Thanks,
Snoop

The add tasks to gcal button creates check boxes on every day in google calendar. You can click on the box to view various things. It seems to give you your hotlist if you click on the box for the current day, your tasks due on that date if clicking on a future day, or tasks completed if clicking on a past day.

In addition, the pop-up that opens in gcal when you click on one of the boxes is like the Toodledo slim page and can be navigated (unless that is just the firefox extension at work, but I don't think it is).

The ical feed will not create these check boxes. Instead it just adds your tasks (only those with due dates specified) as events in a google calendar. If you only have a due date, it will show as an all-day event. If you use time, and length, it can show like a regular calendar event.

Incidentally, I cannot get the google-optimized ical link to work, but the "all other applications" one seems to work fine in gcal.

This message was edited Mar 29, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.