ForumsQuestionsShow More Folders

Show More Folders
moving_target

Posted: Apr 04, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have about 40 folders on Toodledo. Only about 10 at most show up on the web page So my main complaint with toodledo is that whenever I am going to write a new task down I have to click the "More" button and scroll down very awkwardly to find the right folder, usually this not working the first couple times because I move my mouse too far to the side.

How do I show all of my folders on the web page at once? I'm thinking of something like the old Amazon.com page where they had all of those tabs. That would be soooooo much more efficient for me.

I'm basically thinking of getting something else besides toodledo because I find this folder interface issue so annoying.

Suggestions?
roddyt

My method is to View By: Main; Sort By: Folder; then Toggle Dividers to collapse the tasks. That gives you your list of folders. You can click on any to expand and see enclosed tasks.

As an aside, the way you wrote your question makes it sound like you think you have to actually go to the folder to add a task to it. That's not necessary. When you add a task, just select the folder from the pulldown. If I've over-analyzed your question (I tend to do that sometimes), then I apologize.

Roddy
Anders

It might be nice if there were arrows at the edges of the tab bar so you could scroll left and right through the tabs.
moving_target

Thank you.

That sounds like a good suggestion anders_royce. I would like to see it, assuming the stacks of tabs idea wouldn't be implemented.

roddyt,
wow, thank you SOOOO! much for replying. I feel so stupid for not realizing that about adding a task, even though I've done it before. I do like to look at the list of things in a folder because it lets me assess everything that's going on in an area, but of course if I am just making a quick note I don't have to find the folder first. Duh!

And, as for your method, I am trying the exact same way. It looks pretty decent. I'm still not too crazy about toodledo's web interface but you've made me realize I need to experiment some more.

I'll tell you, I almost never post to these kind of forums. Reading your reply, I'm experiencing a big shift in my thinking. I wish there was a universal system for whuffie (good reputation), so I could thank you that way. I'm definitely going to start posting to these kind of things more often. Sometimes someone else can look at something and point out something seemingly so obvious, but which one has in their blindspot.

You guys are the real heroes!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.