ForumsQuestionsoverride emailed default date to no date?

override emailed default date to no date?
Tee7

Posted: Aug 02, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I have certain emails forwarded into toodledo for action. Because of this I have my default setting for emailed todos set for due today. I want those to have a date of today because I want to see them when I check my todo list throughout the day. But there are times when I email myself in tasks that are not a priority at all. Is there a way to make those have no date? Is there anything I can put behind the #sign so it will override my default settings? I want to give them a date later. On a weekly basis I select to dos for the week.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 02, 2013
Unfortunately, it not possible to set an empty value via the email import option. This is on our to-do list.
Jason Bushell

Posted: Aug 05, 2013
I would recommend setting up some custom search criteria that incorporate what you want to achieve.

Maybe you could give them an arbitrary date way off in the future.

The way I handle this is that anything that needs to have a date set, I give it a status of "planning". This way I know I need to make some decisions on the task, and the due date is irrelevant, and liable to change.

Then when you do your weekly review you can refer to whatever is in the planning folder and schedule it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.