ForumsQuestionsSequential sort possible?

Sequential sort possible?
msucorey

Posted: Nov 04, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I've got over 2500 task items with over 1500 of these lying dormant in a reflection context for periodic review and possible move to an action context when/if they become actionable again. I *DO* have a system for going through these periodically at intervals dependent on how close they are to the front burner.

Apart from this system, though, I would like a bullet proof way to ensure these all get visited at least annually...so I need a different sort not based on date to track this. I would just move along a keyword like 'TASKCRAWLER' in the Note field to keep track of where I'm at over time.

Looking at the XML file, there appears to be a database key to where every task has a unique identifier. Any way...INSIDE the Toodledo software...to sort by this key. Otherwise, it looks like I'm best off just going alphabetical by task name. Not all of my tasks have created/started info and I imported many of these from Palm some years ago.
Jason Bushell

I'd stop worrying about it, and get on with doing some of the tasks.

Sounds like you've got work to do!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
My suggestion would be to sort the list by "modification date" and then look for tasks that were not modified in the last year. Once you review them, you can modify them in a trivial way (staring and then unstarring, for example) which will bump up the modification date and indicate that you touched it within the last year.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.