ForumsQuestionsStill having iCal probelms w/Google

Still having iCal probelms w/Google
replytoken

Posted: Apr 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
First, let me thank you for the news announcement about the changes to start/due dates and times. These seem to be better suited to my needs so I am eager to see how they work. On that note, I deleted the problematic calendar(s) at Google so I could have a clean start with the new dates and times. I also deleted some tasks, added a few new ones, and modified a few while I was in Toodledo on the web. Now, here is the problem.

When I pasted the new URL into Google, some of information carries over, and some of the old information seems to be coming over as well. I have tried the Google-specific iCal URL as well as the generic iCal URL, and each seems to behave differently from the other. I thought that creating a new link would bring the most current data over to Google, but it does not seem that way. Is Google caching my deleted calendars and using them for information? Is there some way to clear out the old data so I can have a fresh start? Do I need to wait a cycle for a new push of data from Toodledo to Google? Very frustrating! Any help or advice would be appreciated. I just want a fresh new start between Google and Toodledo.

Thanks,

--Ken

This message was edited Apr 15, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, Google has very poor iCal support. If you do a search, you'll see that many other developers complain about this. Google only refreshes the iCal feed once a day (sometimes faster sometimes slower) and they cache everything so even if you delete the feed from your calendar and then re-add it, Google will still have the old information. The only thing you can do is wait for Google to update itself. I know that this can be frustrating. Please let Google know that you want this fixed. The more they hear it, the more likely they are to do it.
replytoken

Thank you for the quick and detailed reply. Ihad a feeling it was a problem on Google's end as I downloaded an iCal file and could not find any of the old tasks in it.

--Ken
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.