ForumsQuestionsTask name column for subtasks

Task name column for subtasks
Frisco Websites

Posted: Nov 14, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I created a task template with dozens of subtasks. When I clone it a few times for multiple projects, I am left with many duplicate items in that same folder.

Awkward, because even if I collapse the subtasks and rename the parent task or move it to a different folder, the subtasks remain in the original folder.

Then, when I assign such cloned subtasks to a context, or otherwise do something to let me see a list of subtasks I need to work on, nothing in the line of the subtask tells me which parent task it is associated with -- so I might wind up with a dozen subtasks all saying the same thing, and only by some digging can I see which subtask is on which project.

Think this would be solved if a column of task name was available, but perhaps there are other solutions others have found?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 14, 2013
Two things.

1) You can click the "permanent link" option in the action menu and then use the multi-edit tool to edit the folder for all the subtasks in one go.

2) You can click on the "show" button to change how you are viewing subtasks. If you view them Indented then you will see the parent above it.
Frisco Websites

Posted: Nov 15, 2013
Ah -- exposing the Multi-Edit option with Permanent Link was exactly what I needed! Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.