ForumsQuestionsTask text area character limit?

Task text area character limit?
mark_1337909683

Posted: Nov 23, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
This is a 2 part question.

First, I generate a task in MS Outlook, sync to the website, sync to the iPhone. The text area of the task is, in this instance, 2,859 characters (spaces not counted). I edit the text on the iPhone and save it and confirm after saving that the edit is still present. After syncing, the edit does not show up in Outlook. Is this a bug or am I surpassing your software's character limit?

Second, assuming I'm no where near your limit, I tried to see if the problem was your website or my 'Outlook--to your website' sync software (Gsyncit). However, I cannot figure out how to open a task on the website?

Mark
Jake

Toodledo Founder
A task's title is limited to 255 characters. If you sync something that has more characters than this, it will get cut off.

On this website, you do not need to open a task, it is just there in the page and you can edit it by tapping on the item that you want to edit.

Hope that helps
mark_1337909683

The title is short and okay.

I'm referring to the 'tap to add note' edit area.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 24, 2013
The note can be 32,000 characters long. If it is getting cut off early, then it is because a 3rd party app that you are using is doing that.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.