ForumsQuestionsMy $0.02

My $0.02
Kyle Crosland

Posted: Dec 19, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I recently stumbled across Toodledo, I believe it'll be great for my company, and here are a few thoughts that have crossed my mind while I've been using it.

(1) There should be an option not to send an e-mail when sending someone an invitation to collaborate. I setup ten accounts the other day for my company, and while establishing all the collaborative relationships, I flooded everyone's inboxes with invitation requests. Fortunately, I told them beforehand to expect and ignore them, but it would have been nice not to have to have flooded their inboxes in the first place.

(2) My goals are my goals. They represent the reasons I do stuff, and those reasons are not always PC. If I've decided that task X is worth doing, because my goal, for instance, is to make someone else's job irrelevant, then I may want them to be able to keep up with and view the progress of task X, but I don't want them to know what my true motivation is. I want them to just see the task. When I make my goals private, however, then my collaborators can't see the tasks associated with them. So, I'd like to be able to share tasks with collaborators, assign my true goals to those tasks, and at the same time, hide said goals from them. By making my goals visible to collaborators, it makes me want to avoid stating my true goals, and instead either avoid stating goals altogether or make up false goals to lead people astray.

(3) I'm having this one issue. I share a joint task with my wife called groceries. We use a task rather than a list, because lists do not sync with the DGT GTD android app. We add the items we need to purchase as subtasks. As I grab items off the shelf at the store, I mark their subtasks complete, so they are removed from view. I don't have the option "subtasks are created with attributes of parent tasks by default" selected, because the parent task is repeating, and I don't want the subtasks to repeat, because I don't buy the same stuff every week. So the subtasks are created with no folder by default. I have the "share tasks in no folder" option selected in her collaboration settings, so subtasks without a folder should show up on her workspace, but they do not. Anyone know what's going on? When I view her workspace, there's the message "1 or more subtasks are hidden due to filters" associated with the groceries task. When I click "remove filters," nothing happens. When I put the subtask back into a named folder we share, it appears on her workspace.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 19, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the feedback on #1 and #2.

#3 sounds like a bug. Can you please open a support ticket and give us some more details or a screenshot that shows what you are describing?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.