ForumsQuestionsTask note is deleted when it syncs (iOS)

Task note is deleted when it syncs (iOS)
alves.carlos

Posted: Dec 20, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I'm currently experiencing the following bug: create a Task, add a note, define a due date, today for instance and then sync. The Task is synced but the note is totally erased.
I have Toodledo version 3.2.1 (3506) with iOS 7.0 (11A465) on a iPhone 4S. This is a critical error, since important information is lost with this bug.

I have also noticed under the same versions, that sync is not always working well, although no log errors occur. But Tasks don't always get synced, only after several sync attempts. The problem is that I've not been able to understand the pattern to simulate this issue. As someone else experienced it?

Cheers,
Carlos
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I was not able to reproduce this error of the note getting erased. How are you syncing? Do you have "sync on edit" turned on?
ChristianDiscer

Posted by alves.carlos:
I have also noticed under the same versions, that sync is not always working well, although no log errors occur. But Tasks don't always get synced, only after several sync attempts. The problem is that I've not been able to understand the pattern to simulate this issue. As someone else experienced it?

Yes, I have experienced this and recently created a trouble ticket. In my case it seems to happen when repeating tasks are completed while disconnected from the Internet. I use an iPod so a WiFi Internet connection is not always possible.

Wishing you well and a very merry Christmas.
alves.carlos

Posted: Dec 31, 2013
Posted by Jake:
I was not able to reproduce this error of the note getting erased. How are you syncing? Do you have "sync on edit" turned on?

I have "Sync on Edit" turned Off. The bug still occurs, have just now replicated it, following the steps as described.

Happy New Year and all the best for Toodledo and it's users.

Cheers!
alves.carlos

Posted: Jan 02, 2014
One very important detail I forgot to mention: this only happens when the Task is created on the Toodledo app for iOS. That way the note associated is not synced and is deleted. If the Task is created on the web site, then the note is correctly synced to the iOS app.

Thanks in advance
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.