ForumsQuestionsHow to set an alarm related to a start date/time?

How to set an alarm related to a start date/time?
matteo.tontini

Posted: Jan 29, 2014
Score: 7 Reference
Been using Toodledo for a couple of years at least with great results. There's one thing that I can't understand.
Why is not possible to set an alarm related to a start date/time (it's a feature only available for due time)?

I recently give up to the use of "due time" in order to use "start time" so I can:
1st) plan a task on Toodledo with start date/time (in web site or ios app)
2nd) assign an estimated length to the task
3rd) sync Toodledo with iPhone calendar
4th) use the iPhone calendar to keep visual track of the day schedule with everything to do in its proper time slot (the due date/time span length before the due time and not after so the time slot in the ios calendar is not really usefull).
5th) THIS IS WHAT I REALLY NEED: set an alarm related to start date/time of a task so my iphone iOs toodledo app alert me with a badge/sound when it's time to do that specific thing (example: so I don't miss to pick up children at school).

I choose this workaround solution to help me to:
a) list all the things to do in a specific day
b) estimate time I need to do everything and assign priority
c) have a visual calendar to help me (and to share with other person).
d) keep me on time thanks to a sound alarm on my iphone.

Anybody here could suggest a better workaround?

Sorry for bad english.
Keep on working on Toodledo, I tried a lot of different apps and web to do list but yours is really the best I found.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 29, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
max_1311128206

Posted: Feb 15, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
I would like to strong second this feature request. This will help me decide if I want to pay toodledo.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2014.
max_1311128206

Posted: Apr 09, 2014
Score: 2 Reference
Just wonder if this feature get a chance to bump up on the Toodledo team's todo list. Thanks.
SES21

Posted: May 08, 2014
Score: 3 Reference
+1 for alarms for Start Date/Time!

I have many tasks that don't have to be done on a certain date but I need some nag to remind me to think about doing them. The best idea I've come up with for those would be Start Date/Time alarms. I use Due Date modifiers for some similar things but these don't really fit as well with that usage. I already end up assigning pretend Due Dates to some tasks just so I can get the alarm & I'd rather move further away from assigning arbitrary Due Dates than to create more of them!
matteo.tontini

Posted: Jul 08, 2014
Score: 2 Reference
Hi there. In the last six month I did not hear much about a progress in the direction I suggest in my January post. I'm still using my workaround but it's not really the best way to use Toodledo.
I understand you do have a no comment policy on implementation timeframe but I'd like to ask if there's some possibility this feature will be implemented in the near future.

Thanks
eric.bromey

Posted: Dec 02, 2014
Score: 4 Reference
Hello,

I also confirm that the functionality of alarm on Start date/Time would be very helpful.

Best Regards
Eric
coolexplorer

Posted: Dec 02, 2014
Score: 5 Reference
Ability to set an Alarm based on a Start date/time is a basic and essential feature as we plan our workday by Starting many tasks at different times. Due date is used for fewer items. Without an Alarm reminder Toodledo is sub par as a reminder tool.
coolexplorer

Posted: Dec 10, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
For those who use 'Start' date/time as an essential part of their daily work-flow and need Reminders based on 'Start' -- a third party Android App 'Ultimate To-Do List' has a Nagging Reminders and great Snooze time variability, and Custom Views. Syncs great with Toodledo (except for the Start Reminder). The new kick-ass beta version with new UX is running (Tasks & Notes only) and states that it will be out of beta by March 2015.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.