ForumsQuestionsUsing more of the website abilities

Using more of the website abilities
mark_1337909683

Posted: Feb 19, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I received an email suggesting that I might want to use the additive features of Toodledo vs. just the sync ability with Outlook/iPhone that I currently use.

An example in the email was "use subtasks and attach files to tasks".

So the question is: If I were to use the preceding abilities with some of my tasks on the website or on the iPhone then wouldn't those added features be stripped out as soon I synced back to my desktop Outlook?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 19, 2014
I don't think they would be stripped out, but they may not be supported in Outlook. If you want to use our advanced features, you need to use them on our website or in one of our apps.
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 20, 2014
Strange answer, Jake.

The Toodledo iPhone app does not support attached files, nor does it sync with Outlook.
Outlook doesn't have subtasks.
I don't know of any third-party software that maintains the Toodledo task/subtask relationship in Outlook and that syncs Toodledo files with Outlook. Are you aware of any software that does this?

Also, you need at least a Silver subscription for subtasks and a Gold subscription for files. mark_1337909683 has a free subscription.
mark_1337909683

I was fairly certain that the advanced feature sets would involve $. I was just curious if you had devised some ultra clever way to avoid the loss of such feature sets when travelling between platforms.

Since my primary, everyday and heavy usage of tasks is in Outlook on the desktop, any features above which Outlook will not support may be nice but are not useful since the sync back to Outlook would strip them out.

An example--

In some OL tasks I use Indents, Bold, Underline and Tables for data clarification (I've told OL to use Word as the editor). These are all stripped out when I sync and open the particular task on the iPhone. Thus, I 'know' either to limit rich text for a task that I likely would want to open on the phone or not to open certain tasks on the phone.

FWIW, I know that the admin had mentioned that rich text support was on their do list. I could see myself paying for the service if iPhone tasks remained intact.

Mark
Purveyor

Posted by mark_1337909683:
any features above which Outlook will not support may be nice but are not useful since the sync back to Outlook would strip them out.
It's not just about features that Outlook supports. It's also about features that your syncing software supports.

How are you syncing Toodledo with Outlook?
mark_1337909683

Yes you're correct on the sync component. I use gsyncit and Dave said he's ready to alter his software to allow for rich text (or whatever format) once Toodledo makes their move. Until then he continues to use plain text.
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 21, 2014
gSyncit does not sync Rich Text Format.
mark_1337909683

Posted: Feb 21, 2014
>>>>>gSyncit does not sync Rich Text Format.

Okay, so that's what I said, " I use gsyncit and Dave said he's ready to alter his software to allow for rich text"

Your point?
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 22, 2014
Sorry, I misunderstood your point about "Dave".
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.