ForumsQuestionsScheduling, Status, SMS

Scheduling, Status, SMS
kieran_1311071366

Posted: Feb 23, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I currently use the Free version of ToodleDo but I am thinking of upgrading to Gold version. I have a few questions.

Firstly, does the system currently have any functionality to schedule tasks into diaries (e.g. Google Calendar)? I have set up Tags to be for myself and the names of my two staff, but would really like to use these tags somehow to schedule work and continually reschedule work into each person's diary in some way. So for overdue tasks, allocate these into specific days in Google calendar and be able to move these to the following week in the diary if the task is not complete when originally included in the diary.

Secondly, is it possible to change the options for the drop-down menu under "Status". I want to make this more specific to my business cycles/processes internally.

Finally, what is the SMS feature used for and how does it work? Can it be set up to send reminders to different clients for example.

Many thanks!
Salgud

Posted: Feb 24, 2014
Posted by kieran_1311071366:
Hi,

I currently use the Free version of ToodleDo but I am thinking of upgrading to Gold version. I have a few questions.

Firstly, does the system currently have any functionality to schedule tasks into diaries (e.g. Google Calendar)? I have set up Tags to be for myself and the names of my two staff, but would really like to use these tags somehow to schedule work and continually reschedule work into each person's diary in some way. So for overdue tasks, allocate these into specific days in Google calendar and be able to move these to the following week in the diary if the task is not complete when originally included in the diary.

Unless someone has built a separate add-on that I haven't heard about, no.

Secondly, is it possible to change the options for the drop-down menu under "Status". I want to make this more specific to my business cycles/processes internally.

Customizing the Status list has been on "the list" for years. Isn't going to happen.

Finally, what is the SMS feature used for and how does it work? Can it be set up to send reminders to different clients for example.

You can only enter one SMS number, so it can only be used for one person, intended to be the subscriber, but I guess it could be someone else.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2014
It is not possible to update the status field. We recommend that people use the folder, context, goal or tag fields if you need something customizable.

For alarms, you can have alarms go to up to 5 locations, which could be 5 SMS numbers if you want. This requires a subscription.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.