ForumsQuestionsSomeday/Maybe Lists and iPhone Apps

Someday/Maybe Lists and iPhone Apps
zach

Posted: Apr 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am so dissatisfied with Toodledo right now, especially since making this a perfect GTD web-app would be unbelievably simple, especially for the geniuses that designed this slick ajax interface.

Why can't it be set up like David Allen instructs? Is there copyright or something?
frossie

Bearing in mind there is a boatload of toodledo users that do not GTD in the slightest...

What exactly is the cause of your dissatisfaction? There seem to be many predominantly happy GTDers in this forum. I looked to see if you had posted before making specific requests but couldn't find anything.
Alan

Posted by frossie:
Bearing in mind there is a boatload of toodledo users that do not GTD in the slightest...\
My first thought as well...

Not everyone uses GTD. I certainly do not, however, I understand that there are several good web-based apps that are specifically for GTD fans.
roddyt

Well, I do use GTD, but only to the extent that it is helpful in my life. I pick and choose the aspects that work for me, and that's where the flexibility of Toodledo shines.

Toodledo may not the best choice for people who follow GTD as though it were a bible. As Alan said, there are other choices that are more suited to pure GTD. I haven't looked at many, but I believe I read that ThinkingRock is a good one that enforces GTD.

With the understanding that Toodledo is not what you expected, if you decide to stick it out and see if it works for you, which I recommend, you may be surprised to find you like it.
saskia.x

Yeah, I think setting it up *exactly* like GTD wouldn't be helpful to people who don't use a GTD based system. With a bit of experimenting, though, it's perfectly possible to set up a GTD system in Toodledo. If you can be a bit more specific about what it is that you're having trouble doing, maybe someone on the forum can help you.

I don't do GTD "by the book", but I have used it as the basis for my system and most of my organisation of Toodledo is done around GTD concepts. I do have the Pro version, though, which I think helps a lot as you can use tasks/subtasks as projects/actions, which makes it easier to manage projects properly (especially for things like converting a task to a project when you realise something isn't a real "next action").

I've found that Toodledo is incredibly flexible and can adapt to most systems pretty well; that is the beauty of it, and I wouldn't want to change that!

This message was edited Apr 23, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.