[FR] Feature Request threads
I've decided to try to start a new trend. Many users have asked about a separate Feature Request forum, it's not been created & users also seem frustrated trying to find if a specific feature request has been made already.
I propose the following for the sanity of the users:
1. Put all Feature Requests in the Questions forum & don't, instead or also, put them in the ticketing system - leave that for bug reports.
2. One Feature Request per thread!
3. Use [FR] at the beginning of the thread title
4. Make the rest of the thread title succinct yet descriptive
5. Users look for/search on [FR] to find all Feature Requests first to avoid creating duplicates.
6. Users particpate in the thread discussion of how they would want said feature to work & give an indication of how important that feature is to them personally.
7. Jake & crew can easily see what Features we users are interested in but are obviously under no obligation to implement any of them or in any particular order. Jake has been clear that much of their motivation derives from having the freedom to work on the features they want. He's also been very clear that, for numerous reasons, he does not want to have an official public list of planned features so don't ask for it!
I'm proposing this so we can cut down on our frustration, reduce duplication that may be distracting the developers, & encourage free flow of ideas on feature design & how it would work. Ideally, we'll be happier, TD will have less stuff to keep track of so they can spend time developing & any ideas that are proposed will get fleshed out enough that the devs have good info on what that feature would look like if they decide to implement it!
What do ya say...care to join me?
PS. For this to work, you'll need to create threads in this format for those requests you've already put in but have not been implemented...especially since some requests have been out there a long time & may stay that way.
Maybe you can use it as a good time to consider if you really still want that feature or not & how it would work if you got it.
Sorry but I don't know a better way to consolidate the open requests so they're easily findable. Suggestions are welcome!
Nice idea! I gather you enjoy herding cats. :)
Well, that's just terrific! /s
If I search for [FR] in this forum, I get 0 reasults. You can bet I will be reporting this as a bug. I sure don't want to have to rethink this idea just because a simple search fails!
You cannot reply yet
U Back to topic home
R Post a reply
To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.