ForumsQuestionsHow to repeat a dated task without a new date?

How to repeat a dated task without a new date?
Nerva

Posted: Jun 20, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to set up the sub-tasks in a shopping list to repeat, but the replacements should not have dates.

The idea is for example, I have a parent task that is a shopping list of things I commonly buy at the supermarket, but I'm not going to buy every subtask item on the list every time I go to the supermarket. Let's say the list includes toilet paper. Occasionally I will notice I am running low on toilet paper and at that point I will assign a start date (I use start dates, not due dates) for what day I should go to the supermarket and buy toilet paper. Once I've bought the toilet paper, I want to click the task as completed, and then have toilet paper repeat on the shopping list, but without a new start date, so that it is just waiting for me to run low again and then assign it a date at the appropriate time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 20, 2014
Unfortunately, this isn't possible. Sorry.
Salgud

Posted: Jun 23, 2014
I have just moved away from using TD as my grocery list (I believe there are dedicated apps that work better for this purpose), but here is the link to the method I used to do this in TD:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/15385/-77997/a-td-grocery-list.html

It may or may not work for you, or maybe it will give you an idea of how to make a better shopping list for yourself.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.