ForumsQuestionsMoving between 2 accounts in iOS

Moving between 2 accounts in iOS
Joyce@work

Posted: Jul 10, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
So I can't seamlessly switch between 2 accounts on my iOS iPad, I have to purge first, what I'm not sure about is how I can sign out of 1 account before I purge so that account doesn't get all fouled up. I'd consider making a permanent shift but I don't quite get why I can't simply sign out? I see no means of it, although I could be missing something, it's happened before.
simon work

Posted: Jul 11, 2014
Hi, like you I have two Toodledo accounts. I found the best way to see both lists is to get another app on the iPad and use the Toodledo app for one list and the other app for the other list. I picked an app called 2Do but there are others that also work with the Toodledo database.
Joyce@work

I have had very bad luck with 3rd party apps. I have one I can try but the sync has always been choppy. What I noticed when I was looking for a way to switch was that there was no way to sign out on the iOS app.

I would be a lot less afraid to click a purge all data button if I knew it was just local because I had already signed out.

What I will do, if I decide to use my work toodledo on the pad, is to go to the website in the browser.

What I would like to see, somewhere in the distant future or sooner, would be a way to switch between accounts smoothly and without fouling up the account data on either account...I know...you can't comment on time frames...but this is a nice feature to have!
Salgud

Another option: I had a similar problem with 2 TD accounts a few years ago. I couldn't find a third party app (back then) that mimiced all the TD features I wanted. I found a workaround that worked quite well, which was to access my main account through one browser (Safari), and the other account through Chrome. This way, I didn't have to purge and mess around with the accounts. Literally for years after I crossed the two accounts, a tag from one was in the other, and even though no tasks used it, it hung in there!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I would advise against switching accounts in our iOS app. Its possible if you do the right steps each time, but if you forget to purge once, you'll accidentally merge your two accounts together. Its much safer to use 2 apps, or use the mobile website http://m.toodledo.com
Joyce@work

Posted: Jul 12, 2014
I'm accustomed to the Mobil interface, I use that on my Android phone. I guess I will go that way with it.

I'm supposing that the work offline features are what cause this inability to switch easily between accounts?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.