ForumsQuestionsIs there a way to backup a single folder or tag?

Is there a way to backup a single folder or tag?
robbiejg

Posted: Jul 15, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I am looking to backup just one folder (or I could do it by tag) so I can remove it from the site. Of course, there might be a time I want to restore that folder and I didn't want to have to backup the entire site and then go through the backup to find just that folder.

If I save a backup as a CSV I can pretty easily remove everything but the folder, so I can then upload just the folder. The problem there is, it flattens out the file so I lose my subtasks.

I thought I could do it as an XML so I don't lose the subtasks, but it appears that the XML is broken down by items and it looks difficult to be able to remove everything by the folder/tag/section I would want to upload.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thank you.

Rob

p.s. I am a very happy Pro user for a long time. I find the site invaluable.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 15, 2014
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to easily export a single folder. The CSV method that you mentioned is the easiest way, but you are right that it loses the subtask relationship. I can't think of a way to get around this right now. Sorry
robbiejg

Posted: Jul 16, 2014
Jake,

I appreciate the response. Although I'm a little disappointed, you certainly saved me hours of trying to figure it out.

Thank you.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.