ForumsQuestionsall Outlook tasks except 2 disappeared on sync!

all Outlook tasks except 2 disappeared on sync!
billd

Posted: Jul 17, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
when I installed the TD app onto my new iPad touch, only 2 of my old MS Outlook 2007 tasks synced onto it. I checked my iPhone4 & all the tasks were OK there, so on the iPhone app/settings/synchronization/modify account login, I pressed 'force device>Toodledo Sync.' When it had finished, I went to the iPad and did the same process, but used the 'Force Toodledo>Device option. After it had finished, there were still only 2 old tasks.... and when I went back to the iPhone, all my tasks except the same 2 old ones had disappeared from my iPhone! I have tried syncing from the desktop icon to the iPhone, but no improvement. Any suggestions for how to rectify the problem?
billd

It's billd again. In my Outlook 2007 Tasks, there is a 'To-Do' list, a 'Tasks' list and a 'Tasks in Personal Folders' list. I have also just started syncing with iCloud... Maybe iCloud has has moved items from my 'Tasks' list into my 'To-Do' list and TD is not picking them up??? If I move an item from my 'To-Do' list into the 'Task' list, it syncs onto the TD tasks app... I am ignorant of how Outlook creates its 'To-Do' list from emails and tasks, so am only mystified! Has this helped to explain my problem better?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Do the tasks exist on this website, or are they gone there too? Syncing with Outlook is handled by a 3rd party tool. I suspect that this tool has misbehaved and synced incorrectly with Toodledo. This is known to happen, but Unfortunately we cannot control how 3rd party tools function.
billd

Posted: Jul 18, 2014
Thanks, Admin... Same tasks on website, unfortunately. Can you get any help from the makers/Administrators of your 'Third-Party Tool'? TD Tasks on an iPhone should not disappear when a user forces a TD sync correctly....It doesn't make sense that your product should use a third-party tool that malfunctions in that way...
Can you perhaps ask the third-party people how I get my tasks back where they were before the forced sync from my device to Toodledo????
Any further assistance you can give me would be very much appreciated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2014
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.