ForumsQuestionsAdd a "star" task via Email

Add a "star" task via Email
Jochen

Posted: May 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

I really like the way toodledo realizes the GTD principle and I am actively using it.

When I am delegating things via email and want to keep a reminder I add the mail to my waiting-for list in toodledo
(I am using the "special syntax" of the email import service)

To distinguish between things I have to do and things I am waiting for I mark the "waiting-for" tasks with a star.
Unfortunately there is no documented possibility to add a "star"-task via email yet.

Is there a undocumented way to do so or the possibility that it will be implemented in future?

Thank You

Jochen
Anders

Posted: May 03, 2009
I haven't tried this, but if you change your new task default to Star=on, it might add the star to any incoming task. Of course then you wouldn't be able to add non-starred tasks.

Another thing you could try is tagging them star or something, and then setting up a saved search for any tasks with the tag star. Then whenever you are on Toodledo, you could just go to that saved search and star all the tasks with multiedit.

One question, why not just use the status field options "delegated" and "waiting"?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 04, 2009
There is no way to set the star via the email import at this time. Thanks for the suggestion.
Jochen

Posted: May 05, 2009
Hi Andres

Thank you for your reply and your suggestions.
But to be honest they don't satisfy me yet.

Setting the default to Star=on doesnt work out since I add more tasks via email than just the "waiting for"-tasks

I use the star since I want to have easy access to the waiting for list from my iphone.

The filter abilities on the Iphone application are not sophisticated enough to define a new "saved list". At least I havent found a way to do so.

@Toodledo: thank you for your reply. Will there be a implementation of this feature in near future?

Should be simpler than coding a add-on for thunderbird ;)

Thanks

Jochen
Anders

Jochen,
Perhaps you have reasons for not using the status field to designate tasks on which you are waiting for something, but I wanted to make sure you know that you can add Waiting tasks via email ($Waiting), and you can see your list of Waiting tasks on the iPhone through "Status" on the main page. Of course you could also do this with a tag, but I like using Waiting status because then in my main lists (both on the web and iPod), I can show and hide those tasks with the deferred filter.

This message was edited May 05, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is our policy to not comment on release dates for features, but it's on our to-do list,
Jochen

Posted: May 06, 2009
Hi Andres,

Thanks a lot. I hadnt marked the status field as active on my iphone, so the list didnt show up on the start screen, but it does now.
That workes for me.

Thanks for your help!

Jochen

@Toodledo: thank you guys, you do a great job. I love toodledo
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.