ForumsQuestionsShortcut keys kicking in when they shouldn't

Shortcut keys kicking in when they shouldn't
M

Posted: Oct 06, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Using the web interface, on Chrome 37.0.2062.124 m, if I click in the LOCATION field once, and type a W to pick my first location that starts with a "W", that works fine. But I used to be able to type "W" more than once to go through the list of ALL my locations that start with that letter. Now, the field resets to Not-in-edit-mode after the first keypress, and I have to CLICK it and use the mouse to select my location, instead.

I just tested this using IE, and it's doing the same in that browser.

Is this a deliberate change? If so -- can I voice the opinion that it stinks?!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 06, 2014
This was not a deliberate change. We will look into it.
M

Posted: Nov 04, 2014
This is still a problem, for me. I click on the LOCATION field, type a "H" to change to my "home" location, then immediately type "H" again to go forward to the "Home_NOTPC" location that I use, and TD instead sees the 2nd "H" as indication that I want to go to the Sharing view (H = go to sharing, in keyboard shortcuts).

See this link to another post I wrote on a very similar problem:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/15412/0/keyboard-shortcut-failing-me.html
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 04, 2014
This appears to be a long standing issue with Chrome as documented in this bug report: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=126007

We will try to come up with a workaround.
M

Posted: Nov 19, 2014
Well, the following seems related, to me, but let me know if it's not:
If I switch to IE, as my browser, and I'm typing in a task, but then ALT-TAB to check my email (something that happens probably hundreds of times during the day), and then switch back to TD -- the field I was typing in is no longer "open" -- so anything I type, after that, will not be seen as an entry into a task but as an attempt to use a shortcut key.

I don't think this used to happen. I know nothing much about programming, but it seems like maybe this is related to the fact that changes are not required to be "saved," they just are saved, as I type. That may seem convenient -- unless you're a "multi-tasker." I switch back and forth all day. May need to switch to another window to remember or get what I need to type in my task, but then I have to reach for the mouse and click the field (and, maybe even, hit END to get to the end of the field).

I may be the only OCD/ADHD/multi-tasking/heavily-keyboard-dependent user that you have, but I yam what I yam, and I'm pretty sure that the interface didn't used to mess with me, this way.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 19, 2014
Toodledo will attempt to save your work anytime you leave the page or click your cursor outside of the box you are typing in. This hasn't changed, so if it was working differently for you before, it was probably a bug. It should save when you leave the page.
M

Posted: Dec 02, 2014
I think there's something more going on, here. Because of the Chrome bug you pointed me to, I tried to do some simple entry and navigation within the task list using IE.

I click on my Folder field, hit the UP arrow to change the value to NO FOLDER, then hit TAB to move to the next field (as the keyboard shortcuts tell me I can).

Tab moves the cursor/highlight to the Toodledo logo in the upper left of my screen.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.