ForumsQuestionsFrequent and very annoying "Sorry cannot save" prompts

Frequent and very annoying "Sorry cannot save" prompts
balint.farkas

Posted: Oct 09, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
When editing tasks, every ninth or tenth edit ends in a "Sorry something went wrong and we cannot save this" message box.
There are several things wrong with this:
- Why are these errors so frequent? They shouldn't pop up at all - the site should keep retrying until it succeeds, and if it fails for 3-4 repetitions, THEN it should prompt the user!
- Why a modal message box? It is very annoying and breaks the workflow!
- I can't simply redo the failed edit, because the client believes it DID happen - I have to first manually undo, THEN redo it!

Taken together this means that when editing tasks, one can expect an annoying modal popup complete with sound effect several times each minute, one that should NOT even pop up were the site competently written, AND then have to meaninglessly undo and redo the edit just to get the action repeated.

Toodledo is otherwise professional and great, but this is just godawfully annoying and looks like a lazy programmer's solution. Please dedicate some resources to fixing this!

(And no it's not my internet connection, I have very stable and high bandwith internet access, and this issue is reproable from home, from work, from on the road etc. It's Toodledo.)

This message was edited Oct 09, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 09, 2014
Normally this problem occurs when the user's internet connection is intermittent and the page has trouble contacting the website, but you've ruled that out. It can also happen if your computer has a firewall or software that filters web traffic or interferes with the way cookie work.

We have not been experiencing this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
bart.vanbuggenhout

Posted: Jan 08, 2015
Yes, I also experience this problem quite regularly. It requires me to refresh the page and execute the change again. When I get the error it is possible to change other tasks, but the one that gave the error keeps showing the spinning circle.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 08, 2015
Are you using Safari? The few people who have reported this bug have all been using Safari. I was able to reproduce the problem once, but then it went away and has never returned again so I haven't been able to see what happened.
noel_public

Posted: Feb 28, 2015
I'm using Safari and I regularly get this error. I'm going to try disabling all plug-ins to rule that out.

The problem seems to occurred around the new year. I'm not 100% but that is my impression.
pks1234

Posted: Mar 01, 2015
I get this error multiple times a day while working in Safari.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2015
We've gotten several reports of this happening in Safari, and it happened to me once, but I could not reproduce it or figure out why it was happening. We are doing some upgrades in March that might fix the problem, but in the meantime, if it is really bothersome, you can try using Chrome or Firefox.
andrew_16

Posted: Apr 24, 2015
I'm having the same problem, as well. Also getting the message "There was an error editing that task. Please try again." I concur that the problem has cropped up within the last 4-6 months. I'm using Safari 8.0.5. Any suggestions??
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I thought we fixed this with our maintenance 2 weeks ago. This is the first report we have had since then regarding this issue. It may be happening for some other reason. Can you please create a support ticket if you are able to reproduce this problem consistently?

Anyone else still getting this error?
J.Tyro

Yes I'm still getting this error lots of time this morning and I'm using Safari 8.0.5.
Will be using other browser for now. Hopefully it's not happening again.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.