ForumsQuestionsAdd to Toodledo script stopped working for Gmail

Add to Toodledo script stopped working for Gmail
martingchapman

Posted: Dec 21, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Win 8.1 Chrome Browser.
When try to add task to Toodledo from Gmail using Toodledo Bookmarklet nothing happens.

Bookmarklet works fine on other pages but not Gmail.
Worked ok on Gmail until today.

Martin.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2014.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 21, 2014
Unfortunately, Google has blocked all plugins/bookmarklets from working on Gmail and we do not currently know of a work around.

http://www.techspot.com/news/59186-google-blocks-gmail-extensions-malicious.html
martingchapman

Posted: Dec 22, 2014
That is a great shame as easily converting gmails to Toodledo tasks was one of my most used features.

For info, the Evernote clipper still works on gmails to create an Evernote note from a gmail.
The note also include a link back to the original gmail.

So Evernote have a way of still working on gmail, perhaps you could investigate how they do it.

The link you gave talks about the new Google Content Security Policy (CSP) and goes onto say "According to Google most popular extensions have already been updated to work alongside CSP just fine",
So it looks as if it can be done.

Please can you take another look and try to fix this as it is a very, very useful extension.

Martin.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 23, 2014
It is possible to update an "extension", but Toodledo doesn't have a browser extension. We have a "bookmarklet" which is a different thing, and doesn't have a work around as far as I know, but we will be looking into it.
Manuel Reidel

Posted: Dec 23, 2014
I have also the same need. It is the one feature I use everyday several times a day. Best
martingchapman

Posted: Dec 24, 2014
Jake,
Thanks for the explanation, I now appreciate the difference with Extensions and Bookmarklets and why Toodledo has stopped working in GMail.
If it is difficult or not possible to do with a bookmarklet could you look into copying the way it works in GQueues with a Chrome extension that adds a "Create Task" button directly into GMail (Todoist has a similar extension).
The GQueues extension is really neat and works very well, if you could follow their example Toodledo would (IMHO) become the most powerful Task Manager around, especially for GMail users.

Thanks again for a great service and Compliments of the Season to all at Toodledo - Martin.
Manuel Reidel

Posted: Dec 24, 2014
Outlook.com email does not have that restriction, but the bookmarklet gets behind the outlook menu. Do you know if there is a workaround to that?

thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 27, 2014
There isn't. The bookmarklet basically runs on whatever website you activate it on. If the other website wants to disable it, or interfere with it we can't control that. We are looking into making a plugin.
Manuel Reidel

Posted: Dec 27, 2014
Thank you! I'm almost stuck here. Of course I am copying the email link and paste it on my own, but I have several new and update tasks a day and it becomes impractical. Thank you again.
wav

Posted: Dec 29, 2014
Glad I found this thread - I couldn't figure out what the problem was and finally decided today to troubleshoot it by disabling other extensions, etc.
Like others, I use this functionality often and have resorted to cutting and pasting the link.
Geoff Peters

Posted: Jan 10, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Hi, I am a software developer (not affiliated with Toodledo) and I am a user of Toodledo and the Bookmarklet, which I use extensively with Gmail.

I was very frustrated with the fact that the bookmarklet no longer worked with Google's new security, so I wrote my own Bookmarklet that does pretty much the same thing. It works with Google Chrome, Toodledo, and Gmail.

Here is the link to my version of the Bookmarklet. Would appreciate feedback/suggestions.

http://geoffmobile.com/blog/contact/new-toodledo-bookmarklet

Thanks!
Geoff
martingchapman

Posted: Jan 13, 2015
Geoff,
Thanks for doing this, it works fine for me.

Regards - Martin.
Geoff Peters

Posted: Jan 13, 2015
awesome, good to hear! :) Thanks Martin!
M

Posted: Jan 14, 2015
Geoff,

Sorry, but this is not generating the gmail url into the notes field, for me.

I'm using Chrome 39.0.2171.95 m.

What can I do to troubleshoot?

thanks
coolexplorer

Posted: Jan 15, 2015
Posted by M:
Geoff,

Sorry, but this is not generating the gmail url into the notes field, for me.
I'm using Chrome 39.0.2171.95 m.
What can I do to troubleshoot?

thanks

Same with me "not generating the gmail url into the notes field" in Chrome 39 (64bit)
Geoff Peters

Posted: Jan 18, 2015
Hey, for everyone who was having trouble, I updated the bookmarklet so it should fix the problem. Try deleting the bookmarklet and adding it again from my site. Please let me know.

btw... I am using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.99 m

This message was edited Jan 18, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted by Geoff Peters:
Hey, for everyone who was having trouble, I updated the bookmarklet so it should fix the problem. Try deleting the bookmarklet and adding it again from my site. Please let me know.

btw... I am using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.99 m

Yup, after deleting the old bookmarklet and adding the new/updated bookmarklet it works (now includes the emails URL into the notes field). Thanks a ton.
Geoff Peters

thanks for the feedback, glad it is working for you!!
M

Posted: Feb 04, 2015
This is very strange, and maybe I'm hallucinating -- but, today, I accidentally clicked the Toodledo-provided bookmarklet (which we all know shouldn't work anymore) from within a GMail message and then IMMEDIATELY clicked Geoff's (original) shortcut to create an EMAIL containing the message's URL -- and what I got was a Toodledo bookmarklet popup containing the correct message URL! Clicking the 2, in quick sequence, seemed to restore the functionality of the original bookmarklet.

If i'm hallucinating, it's good sh**.

I'd love to hear the results of someone else trying this!
M

Posted: Feb 08, 2015
AND... not working again.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.