ForumsQuestionsBookmarklet won't work with Gmail??

Bookmarklet won't work with Gmail??
KorkyKathman

Posted: Jan 07, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
So I'm trying to make Toodledo my "GOTO" task manager, but in order to do so I would need to integrate it with Gmail, Evernote and Google calendar. Todoist does this very nicely, but they don't have the robust functionality that they have in Toodledo.

I need to be able to easily create a task in Toodledo directly from my Gmail screen. I know I can forward it to my inbox with the mail link, but I wanted this to just be a button (like Todoist has). I found the Toodledo Bookmarklet and thought this might work, but apparently it doesn't work as advertised.

My environment.... Google Chrome Browser on a MacBookPro running OSX 10.10 (Yosemite). I can get the pop up window to come up on other screens, but not a Gmail email window.

Is this a problem for anyone else?

Process:

Installed Bookmarklet to Bookmarks bar.
Click on an email....it displays in the current window.
Click the Bookmarklet (nothing happens)

Thanks!
Salgud

Oddly, the bookmarklet still works with my state email account, where I use it, but not with my personal gmail account for some reason. Based on the posts here, this must have happened recently.
alexandremrj_2

On December 16th, Google enabled on Gmail the Content Security Policy, disabling cross-site scripting (XSS) and making it more difficult to load unsafe code into Gmail.

As such the bookmarklet stopped working only on Gmail.

http://gmailblog.blogspot.pt/2014/12/reject-unexpected-content-security.html
martingchapman

Posted: Jan 08, 2015
Google have blocked the Toodledo Bookmarklet and stopped it working in Gmail.
I have raised this as an issue and Toodledo have replied that they can not find a way around it.
They stated they are working on a plugin for Gmail but no commitment as to when it will be available.

For any Gmail users who (like myself) cannot be without the ability to easily convert gmails to tasks I suggest you take a look at GQueues which has very good Gmail and Gdrive integration.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 08, 2015
Posted by martingchapman:
Google have blocked the Toodledo Bookmarklet and stopped it working in Gmail.
I have raised this as an issue and Toodledo have replied that they can not find a way around it.
They stated they are working on a plugin for Gmail but no commitment as to when it will be available.

For any Gmail users who (like myself) cannot be without the ability to easily convert gmails to tasks I suggest you take a look at GQueues which has very good Gmail and Gdrive integration.

Or copy and paste the URL into TD until they figure this out, which is a lot less effort than switching task management apps.
martingchapman

Posted: Jan 13, 2015
Geoff Peters has posted this reply in another thread;

Hi, I am a software developer (not affiliated with Toodledo) and I am a user of Toodledo and the Bookmarklet, which I use extensively with Gmail.

I was very frustrated with the fact that the bookmarklet no longer worked with Google's new security, so I wrote my own Bookmarklet that does pretty much the same thing. It works with Google Chrome, Toodledo, and Gmail.

Here is the link to my version of the Bookmarklet. Would appreciate feedback/suggestions.

http://geoffmobile.com/blog/contact/new-toodledo-bookmarklet

Thanks!
Geoff
Geoff Peters

Posted: Jan 13, 2015
thanks Martin :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.