ForumsQuestionsMultiple contexts

Multiple contexts
natgross

Posted: Jan 19, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Can I assign multiple contexts to a task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 20, 2015
Sorry, no. However you can assign multiple tags which function in a very similar way.
natgross

I tried that. But TD does not help me recall used tags, and I have to type the complete tag name again, which is error prone. If tags had the same drop list as contexts, then it might have been a solution.
nat
Salgud

Posted by natgross:
I tried that. But TD does not help me recall used tags, and I have to type the complete tag name again, which is error prone. If tags had the same drop list as contexts, then it might have been a solution.
nat

To keep TD from dropping unused tags, create a dummy task that is concealed in most of your views (give it a - priorty, a "planning" status, etc.) and assign the tags you wish to keep. Be aware that the Tag field has a limited number of characters, so you may need more than one dummy task.
natgross

Posted by Salgud:

To keep TD from dropping unused tags, create a dummy task that is concealed in most of your views (give it a - priorty, a "planning" status, etc.) and assign the tags you wish to keep. Be aware that the Tag field has a limited number of characters, so you may need more than one dummy task.

Even when entering an existing tag in a new task, TD does not know about it, in that it should either auto fill in, or pop up a list while typing.
nat
Salgud

Posted: Jan 30, 2015
It takes the TD servers a few minutes to catch up sometimes, which seems to show up more with Tags than other things.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.