ForumsQuestionsIndented subtasks and page refresh

Indented subtasks and page refresh
natgross

Posted: Jan 20, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
If I have my sub tasks indented or hidden, they flatten out upon a refresh. This seems like a bug, but I await your input.
Thanks
nat
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 21, 2015
You can control how your subtasks are displayed by clicking the "Show" button and selecting the option that you want to be permanent when you refresh.
natgross

Score: 1 Reference
The show option - indented - or -hidden - does NOT work the same (if at all) as when manually collapsing a parent task via the icon.
Confusing at best.

It even changes sort order (without touching the sort options).
nat
Jake

Toodledo Founder
In what way is it behaving differently?
natgross

Tough question to answer because you visually see a difference. But for starters...
A page of tasks, say next 7 days, many of which have sub tasks due on different days; start out inline, then manually click on icon, all subtasks will [correctly] indent. However if you start out inline then choose Show--->indented, many tasks will not indent at all.
I am not even discussing the hidden option because I am confused as to when and how it differs from manually hiding the subtasks.

Thanks
nat
Jake

Toodledo Founder
What happens if you start with "show indented" and load the page that way. Does it look correct?
natgross

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Jake:
What happens if you start with "show indented" and load the page that way. Does it look correct?

Good question. The answer is...no. Interestingly if after loading page this way, I click on the subtask icon, the subtasks fall into place correctly. But I now have a clue!
If the subtasks all have their own due dates, then it does NOT load/indent correctly until clicked on manually (which has to be redone after every refresh). In fact, they are inline.
If however, the subtasks are set 'as parent', they DO load correctly indented.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 22, 2015
We will look into it and see what we can figure out.
bottsward

Posted: Jan 23, 2015
i have a similar problem but it is with the iPhone app. my tasks appear perfectly on my mac with their sub tasks but when i look at the iPhone app they are all jumbled and not listed under the main task at all and it gives me no option to hide the subtasks or even to reorganize them. help!!! i use the iPhone app 99% of the time. and i used to have the appigo todo app which i know syncs with toodledoo but i like tooledoo's interface better.
M

Posted: Mar 03, 2015
Posted by Jake:
We will look into it and see what we can figure out.

Any update on this? I'd love for Show > Indented to be my default, all the time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 03, 2015
We haven't been able to reproduce the problem, but we have it on our to-do list to try again when we have a chance.
eric_1326125346

Posted: Mar 16, 2015
I am having this same condition. Refresh the page and all tasks and subtasks are flush left. Click on the subtask icon of the parent task and the subtasks only refresh to indented but you have click on each parent task. I am having this experience in both Chrome and IE. I have screen shots but do not see way to attach them to this note.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2015
This is controlled by the subtask options in the "Show" menu above your list. It sounds like you want "Indented"
soxos.inc

Posted: Mar 21, 2015
I had the same problem, this solved it : 'This is controlled by the subtask options in the "Show" menu above your list. It sounds like you want "Indented"'
I guess this setting was lost somehow. thx
eric_1326125346

Posted: Mar 23, 2015
Thanks!! That did it. So much better for me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.