ForumsQuestionsNotes formatting and ios shortcuts

Notes formatting and ios shortcuts
holroy

Posted: Feb 01, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I've recently restarted using toodledo, and I see that it is possible to do notes formatting using html tags. However writing these on my ipad is slightly cumbersome, so I'm wondering what my alternatives are. Maybe one of the following is available, or could be available in the not so distant future?

1) Enabling the native ios shortcuts -- Then one could make templates like 'zm'='<em>', and 'xm'='</em>' ( where 'z' starts something, and 'x' ends something, in this case the em represented using 'm' )
2) enabling markdown support for notes -- Which enable even more formatting options, which are readily available and easy to type in even on ios (see https://help.github.com/articles/github-flavored-markdown/)
3) formatting toolbar -- Either as an additional top row to the keyboard as seen in some other apps, or as a context sensitive menu option when text is selected

Either way, do you see an easier option on how to do formatting of notes within the toodledo app on the iPad?

Regards,
Even

Nb! The ios shortcuts seems to work in the one line text fields,, but not always consistently in the notes field?

This message was edited Feb 01, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2015
We plan to create a nice "rich text editor" for the notes section in the future.
Brian

Posted: Mar 01, 2015
Will Rich Text be supported in tasks? The text long feature in lists is perfect and is an essential update in all interfaces (iOS, browser...)

Is this part of any of the re-design phases?
Brian Post deleted
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2015
Yes, rich text editing is planned for many parts of Toodledo in our upcoming redesign.
mgost88-tb

Posted: Apr 30, 2015
Great news that you are adding rich text editing. Please support copy and paste of rich text from other documents into the notes section of a task. Also, rich text needs to include pictures. Here's a very common situation: I receive an email from which I want to create a task. Important parts of the email are embedded as pictures rather than text. I'd like to forward that email to ToodleDo to automatically create a task and have all the info stored. Or, alternatively, at least be able to copy and paste the email into ToodleDo. Currently, many task-related emails that I receive cannot be easily converted into a task in ToodleDo because important information is lost due to the text-only limitation. I'm sure many (most?) other people have the same issue.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.