ForumsQuestionsAdding contacts and favorites in Toodledo?

Adding contacts and favorites in Toodledo?
farstar

Posted: May 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
One thing I still have not found is how to save contacts and favorites online, which can be accessed from any device (PC, Blackberry, ...).

Now that I have found Toodledo and I think it will be useful to me, I have thought in the possibility to save my contacts and favorites here. Is this something it could/should be done? I am thinking maybe in subtasks: the Task would be Contacts, and each subtask would be a contact. The same for favorites.

Is there a limit in size for Tasks? ie could I add hundreds/thousands of contacts and favorites?

Is there the possibility that the http address in each favorite, just by clicking on it, would direct me into the webpage?

Is there the possibility that just clicking on a telephone number in a contact (if done from a Blackberry) could make the telephone to call?

Thank you.
Anders

I would say for storing that kind of information, the Toodledo Notebook is probably more appropriate, but there is certainly no reason you couldn't enter all that info as tasks. I don't believe there is any limit on how many tasks you can have.

Correctly formatted web addresses in the notes field of tasks or in the body of Notebook notes are links that can be clicked to take you to the address.

As far as clickable phone numbers, I really don't know how complicated that would be, but it seems more likely as a feature of some third-party app like the beta-testing ToodledoBB, or Pocket Informant BB which is planning to add Toodledo support soon (But does NOT have it yet).

Edit: BTW, I would hate to steer you away from Toodldo, but if you are simply looking for a universally accessible place to store contacts and weblinks, Google Contacts and Google Bookmarks may be even more suited to your needs than the Toodledo Notebook.

This message was edited May 14, 2009.
Anders

Feature request for Toodledo, and I know this would be a big one.

I would love to see a Contact list incorporated into Toodledo. It makes sense since it is not unusual to have people connected with particular tasks. It makes even more sense given the recent updates that allow for true event/tasks (with a beginning and end)to be created. And with the upcoming contact link enhancements for the iPod/iPhone app, it almost makes too much sense.

I realize this would be a large undertaking, but perhaps if others agree with me, it might be worth trying.
Claudio

I would like to link tasks to a basic Contact list in Toodledo with name, phone number, email address, and type of contact. Also, it would be great if the list could be synched with Outlook or Google Contacts.
Beth

Posted by Claudio:
I would like to link tasks to a basic Contact list in Toodledo with name, phone number, email address, and type of contact. Also, it would be great if the list could be synched with Outlook or Google Contacts.

Yes, please!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 15, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. There is no limit to the number of tasks, but if you have several thousand, Toodledo will probably start loading slowly for you due to the amount of information that needs to be transfered between the server and your computer.

There are many specialized websites and applications for managing website bookmarks. http://delicious.com/ is a popular one. I wouldnt recommend using Toodledo as an organizer for web bookmarks because this isn't what we were designed to do, but if it works for you, go for it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.