ForumsQuestionsinitial Impressions

initial Impressions
johnprince2112

Posted: Feb 24, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all,

My name is John and I'm new to Toodledo, I've been analyzing GTD apps for my org, and believe I have finally found one that will suit all of our needs. I was considering building one (we are a software company as well), however I have been thoroughly impressed with Toodledo. In a word: WOW!

The top two items I'm looking for at the moment is the ability to delay a task (snooze) with pre-configured values (x time unit) or arrive/leave a specific location, in addition to alert-based filters (example: When I arrive at work, display filter my view where context='work'.

What's impressed me most about Toodledo is they appear to think outside of the box, so looking forward to a long-lasting relationshiop. ;-)

With that said two quick questions:
1. How do I edit tags? (Kind of embarrassed to ask this but my edits are not saving)
2. I really like te list feature, and am curious why it is not supported on the device. Specifically what I like about it is the fact you can customize the lists. I'm not n need to create lists on the device, but would love to maintain the ones I create in the web module. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2015
1) We do not have a "snooze" feature yet, but you can always edit the task's due-date or alarm.

2) We do not yet have location based filters

3) Tags are created by adding them to tasks. To edit a tag, you need to edit it on every task that is has been added to. You can use the multi-edit tool to help with this.

4) Lists will be coming to the device as soon as we are satisfied with it's performance. We are working on it.
johnprince2112

I was told Snooze is on your roadmap. Regarding location AND time based filters...the person I spoke with said he/she had not thought of it previously but would put it for consideration.

I understand you don't have it yet. My question is when is 'yet'?

This message was edited Feb 25, 2015.
johnprince2112

Also, I was thinking tags were a many to many feature. I can only assign one tag per task. Am I missing the intent of this?

Good news on the list for device. That is very sharp app!

This message was edited Feb 25, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted: Feb 26, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
As mentioned above, SNOOZE function should be prioritized as it is a very useful function to help subscribers ensure a task gets done through a 'nagging reminder' on both the web and android app ......of course I get that function (and many others) through Android's 'Ultimate To-Do List".

This message was edited Feb 26, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 26, 2015
Tags are a many to many relationship. Multiple tasks can have the same tag and a task can have multiple tags. Separate tags by a comma to add multiple to a task.
jelsey

Posted: Mar 05, 2015
I have been using Toodledo from my computer browser for years and hope I never have to switch. Today I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is now an app for my Android device- until now I have been using DGT GTD to sync with Toodledo on my phone.

At this point, the only thing stopping my from using the Toodledo app on my phone is a "snooze" feature for the notifications. I use it daily and can't really switch over until it's there.

Can you give us any idea on the priority of this feature and when we might be seeing it implemented?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 05, 2015
I don't have an ETA for "snooze" but its on our todo list.
johnprince2112

Posted: Mar 08, 2015
While Snooze would cover this scenario, I'd still like to request it in the event it can bre implemented outside of the Snooze feature.

Delayed Location Alarms:
To put it in context, I drive to work and have six tasks that I want to accomplish when I get there. These are all set to fire at my arrival (within ~100 yards).

1`. I pull in to parking lot and they fire.
2. by the time I get to my desk (10 minutes later), I forgot all about them.

If there was an option under Location Alarms>Alert Distance that was 'X Minutes after Arrival' (where X is a global setting) then I could set this to '10'.

Also, I thought I posted this but do not see it...is there a Pilot group for certain features? Have you procured feedback on how the 'Snooze' feature will work? I have some suggestion I would like to see if the business rules have not been locked down yet

Thanks

This message was edited Mar 08, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the feedback.

We currently have some beta testers who help us test new features. If you want to join you can create a support ticket and we'll put you in the group
johnprince2112

Thanks, Jake. I just submitted the request. To be a little more specific concerning the snooze, have you defined all the requirements for the initial release of it? I imagine the Beta process is focused mainly ensuring existing functionality is working as designed, along with generalized rating of the feature.

However, I'm trying to get my reqs in for snooze before or as it is being designed. While I have no doubt whatever you and your team come up with will be great, trying to get more than the minimal guarantee with this one. However, I don't want to waste time writing out some use cases for what I'd like if it's going right to the backlog (I can wait until v2 of it). Hopefully that makes sense....Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have not begun working on "snooze" yet. Its on our todo list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.