ForumsQuestionsAndroid location based notifications

Android location based notifications
Lazevedo

Posted: Mar 02, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
This is a great feature, but there's something that's bugging me.

If I set the location for some task, I will get notified about it every time I get close to that place. For example, I have a task "pick up rent invoice in mailbox" that is set to my home location. It is a recurrent task that is Due On the 3rd of each month.

Problem is, it notifies me about it every day of the month, but the invoice will only be available a few days before the 5th of each month. I tried setting a Start Date, different Due Date options (Due by, Due on, etc), but the notification will still pop up throughout the whole month.

How should I configure a recurring task to get the behavior I want from the Location based Notification of the Android App?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2015
An upcoming update to the Android app will fix this. It should be applying your filters to the tasks before triggering the alarm and it isn't.
lmcferren

Posted: Aug 24, 2015
What about iOS8? I have a similar problem: if I have a task with a 'due after xx/xx', I still get location based alarms every time I enter that location area. I am on iOS8.4 and Toodledo 3.3.1
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 24, 2015
This is a planed upgrade to both of our apps.
SES21

Posted: Sep 14, 2015
Posted by Jake:
This is a planed upgrade to both of our apps.

Jake, does that mean it will take into account Start Date not reached yet, regardless of "Hide Future," & the = & > Due Date modifiers? I don't filter out/hide any tasks on Android or the web so I want to make sure these other things will have an effect on location-based alarms.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 14, 2015
Yes, it will eventually take all of this into account once it gets smarter.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.