ForumsQuestionsHalf of pop up calendar not shown in IE8

Half of pop up calendar not shown in IE8
Tomtui

Posted: May 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'd like to ask a question, has anyone experience half of the pop up calendar not shown on the left side of the screen on MS IE8 and iPhone (during Add a Task)? Google Chrome and Safari browser seems to handle it without any problems...

Thanks,
Tom.
Anders

Posted: May 15, 2009
Just saw it now. Very strange. I never add tasks on this site with my iPhone because I use apps for that, but yes the calendar popup appears so far to the left that half of it is offscreen and inaccessible. I have been impressed that the iPhone browser works as well as it does on this site, but you definitely found a glitch here. I have not seen this in IE, but I rarely use it.

Edit: I cannot make this happen in IE8 on XP.

This message was edited May 15, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 16, 2009
We have other reports of IE8 on Vista having problems. We didn't realize that IE8 on Vista and XP were different, so we are trying to get a Vista machine to test on.
Anders

What about Mobile Safari? I realize it is a mobile browser, but it's a shame since the unusable caledar is one of the only problems it seems to have with full site.
Alan

Posted by Toodledo:
We have other reports of IE8 on Vista having problems. We didn't realize that IE8 on Vista and XP were different, so we are trying to get a Vista machine to test on.
This is exactly why I generally use Firefox. I'm also playing with Google Chrome and both seem fine with Toodledo.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We'll look into Mobile safari too, since we can test that. A fix or that may fix IE8 also. Who knows.
Anders

Posted: May 18, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
We'll look into Mobile safari too, since we can test that. A fix or that may fix IE8 also. Who knows.

That would be a hoot if troubleshooting MS's desktop browser using Apple's mobile browser actually worked out.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 22, 2009
Can those of you who have the problem with IE8 showing the popup calendar half off the screen please try a test. Switch IE8 into compatibility mode by clicking the icon between the address bar and the refresh button. Please let us know if this helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.