ForumsQuestionsTask notes cut off?

Task notes cut off?
sallers

Posted: Mar 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
The notes field associated with a task seems to now have a character limit. I have some tasks that have large notes associated with them. If we can no longer keep large task notes, is there a way I can retrieve the entire contents of those tasks to at least archive them elsewhere?

Thank you!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The task's note has the same limit (32,000 characters) that it has always had.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#97

Are you seeing things stopped sooner than 32,000 character?
sallers

Yes. In one particular task, I kept a running log of updates starting in 2006 through present. It now cuts off in 2011. Was my previous note overwritten? Is there a way to revert to a previous version or backup with my entire note intact?

Thank you!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, there is no way to recover a note that was accidentally overwritten unless you have a backup that contains the old note.

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_backup.php

I think what happened is that maybe when you were typing in a new entry, you accidentally selected some of the text and deleted it. I am sorry this happened.
sallers

Ugh. I wish I could chalk this up to user error, but this is the first time I've viewed the note this month, only to find it cut in half ending with a % character.

Will make sure not to store any crucial data there from here on out.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 14, 2015
I am sorry that this is happening. Can you please tell us how long your note is? Maybe you could open a support ticket and give us some further information about your task's note.

Task notes were meant for short notes. If you need to store lots of information, you might consider using the "Notes" section instead which can store much more information.

We will look into this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.