ForumsQuestionsCollaborator Not Receiving Invitation To Share Workspace

Collaborator Not Receiving Invitation To Share Workspace
steve.jarriel

Posted: Mar 16, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
After attempting to solve this on my own via forum search and other means, I turn here for help.

ISSUE: I have invited a co-worker to collaborate. Mine is a "silver" account. She has a "free" account. In order for her to view my tasks, I have used the workspace collaboration feature, knowing she cannot add or edit my tasks (since she's not yet a subscriber!)

However, she has received neither a "welcome" email nor the email sent to current subscribers that would allow her to accept my invitation to share my workspace. Further, my workspace drop down does not list her as a collaborator. Nor does she have the option to see my workspace on her dashboard.

Notes on Trouble-shooting:

1. We have both repeatedly checked spam and junk filters on Outlook, with no sign of the invitation emails.
2. I've spoken with our IT services team, and it's possible the emails from Toodledo are being filtered at the server level.
3. If so, what work around does Toodledo propose? For example, can you manually send the invitation rather than relying on server-based automated processes?
4. If we need to white-list here, what is the best domain name to use?

Thanks! I look forward to hearing back.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 16, 2015
The email will appear to come from "[email protected]" so you can white list that if you want.

If you send the invitation to the same email address that your co-worker has registered with Toodledo, then they can go directly to the collaboration setup page (where you send the invitation) from within their own account and see the invitation right there without even needing to get the email. I suspect that you are sending the invitation to a different email address than the co-worker has used to sign up with Toodledo.
steve.jarriel

Posted: Mar 17, 2015
Jake, thanks for taking a moment to answer. I specialize in missing key details, but in this case I was able to confirm, and reconfirm, the email address matches both her invitation and registration link. As for the second suggestion... At the server level, email addresses are not white listed, domain names are. And they frequently are not the same at a company's web URL. At this stage, please tell me how to open a help desk ticket. Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2015
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.