ForumsQuestionsPotential bug with monthly repeating todos

Potential bug with monthly repeating todos
cbolik

Posted: Mar 17, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

I have a to-do marked to repeat monthly. Its due date is set as the 30th. I just realized that the last time I checked this to-do as "done" was on 1/30. Now I see the next time it comes up is 3/30, which makes sense - only I don't recall having seen this to-do being scheduled for the end of February. My suspicion is that it didn't get scheduled for February as that month doesn't have a 30th day. Of course, it's also possible it got properly scheduled for the last day of February (2/28) and I just clicked "done" inadvertently. But... I wonder if somebody could check what happens when a to-do which is set to repeat monthly falls into a month which doesn't have the specified due date - such as 4/31 etc.

Thanks,
Christian
Salgud

Posted: Mar 18, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
It's been discussed many times here. In months not containing the date, the task does not occur. The fix is "on the list". There are workarounds also in these forums.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 18, 2015
This is how most calendar apps work (iCal, Google Cal) so we copy their behavior. What you are looking for is a "repeat on the last day of the month" option, which we don't currently have, but is on our to-do list. Two options for you.

1) Repeat on the 28th of each month
2) Repeat on the 1st of each month with a start-date or alarm 1 day in advance.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 19, 2015
Another option: When you create the repeat reminder for the 30th of each month, create a separate one for Feb 28. After all, we all know in advance...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.