ForumsQuestionsEmail Reminders doesn’t seem to be working

Email Reminders doesn’t seem to be working
chris_1303580053

Posted: Apr 03, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
I have always used the Reminders feature which sends me an email when a Todo item is due.

For the past few days, I have not been receiving reminder emails.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have not changed any of my settings, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

I am using GMAIL as my email account.

Thanks, Chris
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 03, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
A few things to check

1) In the Tools menu, select "Alarms / Reminders" and make sure that your email address is still listed as a reminder location
2) Check the "Alarm Activity" section of your account settings to see if we are sending the alarms
3) Check your spam folder
chris_1303580053

Posted: Apr 04, 2015
Hi Jake, thank you for your reply.

1) Yes, the “Alarms / Reminders” email address is still correct

2) I checked the “Alarm Activity” section of my account settings and only alarms have been sent since April 1st. Nothing after that. I don’t know why since nothing has changed.

3) Nothing from Toodledo is in my SPAM folder. I check my SPAM folder daily.

I have been using Toodledo for several years and have always received email reminders. I don’t understand what has changed over the past few days or why reminders are not being sent to my email account. I set a date and time for each task.

I would very much appreciate it if you can check my account to see what has gone wrong. I rely very much on my email reminders.

I thank you very much for helping me with this.

Christopher Moreno
[email protected]

P.S. I signed up today for the "Toodledo Hotlist” and I am receiving that. So the only thing I am not receiving is my task reminders. Again, this issue has started just a few days ago.

This message was edited Apr 04, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 06, 2015
Are you setting an alarm for the tasks? You do this by setting the date/time and then also clicking the "Alarm" checkbox. On the "Alarm Activity" settings page if you scroll down you can see the future upcoming alarms. If you don't see the alarm here, then it isn't set.
chris_1303580053

Posted: Apr 11, 2015
Hi Jake,

I have always done what I have done in the past. I set the date and time and click the checkbox. The alarm sends me an email an hour before. No longer happening.

I set a date and time for the task and then click the alarm checkbox. This has always worked in the past but seems to be no longer working.

You mentioned the “Alarm Activity” settings page - where can I find this?

Thanks, Chris
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 13, 2015
At the top of this page click "Settings" and then click "Alarm Activity".
ross

Posted: May 19, 2015
I am having the same problem. My alarm activity says the email has been sent but no email has been received. I have used these for years and they have worked fine. It also says I am getting reminders on my iPhone which are not coming through.
ross

Posted: May 19, 2015
Hi. Sorry. On mine I had changed the email address and had typed the new address in wrong. Human error. I have updated and tested and it's working fine.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.