ForumsQuestionsAdd multiple tasks and sub-tasks simultaneously?

Add multiple tasks and sub-tasks simultaneously?
thomasjoegarcia

Posted: Apr 16, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Is there a way to add multiple tasks and nest subtasks under them?

I have many tasks that are different in nature, but similar in structure that I have to re-add monthly. They each have two to three sub tasks nested under them.

They look something like this:

Document 1
-Edit
-Review by boss
-Deliver

Document 2
-Edit
-Review by boss
-Deliever

Is there some mystic formatting I can use in the in the "add multiple items" box that'd auto-magically nest subtasks under those tasks so I can do this in one fell swoop? It's a real bear to add all my tasks at once, then go back and add the subs under them individually.

Thank you.
Sabina A.

Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. This is currently not possible, but it's on our to-do list for a future update. However, we're unable to comment on a time frame for implementation.
thomasjoegarcia

That's a shame. It'd be a small, but game changing feature just like when the ability to manually sort sub tasks was implemented.

Is there anyway to bump it up the time line? It looks like people have been asking for this feature off and on since 2008 or 2009 and the reply has always been the same answer.

"It's on our to do list, we can't comment on our timeline" Seeing the same answer over the past bunch of years is a little off-putting.

-T
coolexplorer

Posted: Apr 17, 2015
Waiting with bated breath for up-gradation and expansion of 'Task Management' features.
The feature request above is just one such example. Many requests are pending for quite some time.
When you already have something Good it is easier to make it Great, rather than reinventing various wheels from scratch.
Hope TD becomes the most powerful Task Management tool ever.
Best wishes!

This message was edited Apr 17, 2015.
thomasjoegarcia

Posted: Apr 17, 2015
You summed that up way better than I did.

Re-reading what I wrote, I come over as whiny and rude. I apologize for that.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.