ForumsQuestionsSorting tasks with iPhone app

Sorting tasks with iPhone app
Kevin

Posted: May 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, was wondering if anyone would know if it's possible to sort your tasks on the iphone app using two options. For example, sort 'alphabetically AND by STAR.

If not, maybe a wish list item?

Thanks,
K
Anders

Posted: May 23, 2009
First of all the iPhone app does not even have sort by star yet, although I am hoping that will be added. And yes, you can sort using two options. The primary sort will always be the one you choose from the Sort menu, but the secondary sort will be by whichever field you have at the top of your list under "Fields & Defaults" in the app's "Settings". See my post here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/718/-9648/toodledo-on-the-iphone.html

I still think it would be great if Toodledo would add more than one level of sorting configurable from within the lists since it is not easy to change the Order of fields in the app settings every time you want to change the second sort criterion.

Being able to drag tasks into our own order would also be awesome IMO, at least for subtasks within a given parent task/project, and for tasks in a given folder. I would also love to be able to do it within contexts, and within the starred list personally, so maybe it could be everywhere.

This message was edited May 23, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2009
Sorting by "star" and some limited multi-sort options will be in the next iPhone update.
Anders

Posted: May 25, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Sorting by "star" and some limited multi-sort options will be in the next iPhone update.

That is very cool. Any update on the update, like when it may be ready for Apple's reviewers? I know new updates now have to be OS 3.0 compatible, and I'm sure that means extra work for developers.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.