ForumsQuestionsNew e-mail subject line?

New e-mail subject line?
Brian_14

Posted: May 06, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
The daily email I receive from Toodledo has always had the subject as "Toodledo" (w/out quotes). Yesterday and today, the subject has been "reminder" (w/out quotes). I have not opened these two, thinking they might be spam/scam/crapware. Have you changed the subject line or is my paranoia warranted? Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have not changed the subject of our email, but we also have never sent an email with the subject of "Toodledo". The daily hotlist email will have a subject of "Toodledo Hotlist for May 06, 2015"
Brian_14

Agreed, Jake. I see that what I'm referring to, the first column of text in the Gmail layout, is the from line. It's here that as of yesterday what undoubtedly are my Toodledo Hotlist e-mails are now shown as from "remind" vs. "Toodledo". I'm thinking that Google has maybe recently imposed an auto-filtering gizmo that auto-magically knows these are reminders. Thoughts?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I think I may know whats happening. The emails are sent from [email protected] which is where the "remind" is coming from in the "from" column. If you add this email address to your address book with a name of "Toodledo" it will show that instead. We'll look into why this changed. Perhaps our email service is doing something different with the from address.
Brian_14

Your suggestion makes sense; however, fyi in case it helps in your investigating process, [email protected] and labeled Toodledo is what I've had in my contact list since day one. Oh, well, I know you'll figure it out, Jake. I'll keep an eye on my watchlist. Toodledo is great--I love it. Keep up your great work!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Its fixed now. At least it should be :)

This message was edited May 06, 2015.
Brian_14

Posted: May 07, 2015
Jake, "remind" displayed today, just fyi, and that's perfectly fine w/me. I was only concerned that it might have been bogus. Now that I know otherwise, from = "remind", "Toodledo", "Jake", whatever is fine. Thx for responding so quickly yesterday.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 07, 2015
Ok. Now its fixed :)
Brian_14

Posted: May 08, 2015
You're right, it is. Thx!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.