ForumsQuestionsAndroid App/syncing to Toodledo

Android App/syncing to Toodledo
KatBoy

Posted: May 08, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I’m using the Android app and a conflict between app and website resulted in loss of data from one of my notes.
I’d previously been using the IOS app for years and it has, IIRC, a syncing protocol to handle conflicts which the user can set.
Is this setting available on the Android and/or what can I do to prevent further loss?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 08, 2015
This is not yet an option in either of our apps. Maybe you have a 3rd party app with this setting. Currently, if you edit the same task in two places at the same time without syncing, it is not predictable which version will win. This is why we recommend leaving "Sync on Start" and "Sync on Edit" enabled, so that you never have a situation where syncing doesn't happen for a long time.

Better sync conflict resolution is already built in for Lists, Outlines and Habits and we plan to build it for Tasks and Notes in the future too.
KatBoy

Posted: May 10, 2015
I have the official ToodleDo app on Android.

Also, it was a note I updated in the web version, then, next time I synced with the app, the updates were lost.

My understanding was that, whichever version of an individual task/note had been added or edited last, was the version that "won" when syncing. Is this not the case?

With the IOS app, I always used manual sync and never had a problem.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 10, 2015
This is not the case. If a note/task is edited in both places and then a sync happens, it is not predictable which version will win. We plan to make this more robust in a future update.
KatBoy

Posted: May 11, 2015
I have raised a support ticket...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.