ForumsQuestionsPostpone Due Date and Start Date

Postpone Due Date and Start Date
adelinesdad

Posted: May 24, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I've recently started using the Start Date field to hide tasks I can't work on yet. This makes it take longer to postpone a task because I have to change both the Start Date and Due Date separately. At least if I change the Start Date to be after the Due Date, the Due Date could change automatically.

It's arguable whether the Due Date should generally be changed to equal the Start Date or shifted the same number of days as the Start Date. That could be controlled with a setting.

The inverse should probably also be true when changing the Due Date to be before the Start Date.

Example: I want to clean the garage this weekend. I make the start date on Friday and the due date Sunday. But let's say I don't get it. I'd change the start date to next Friday and I'd want the due date to be adjusted automatically to next Sunday (or at least I clearly don't want it to remain as this Sunday).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 26, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Yes, this is a good suggestion. When we add a "postpone" option we will consider all these issues. For now, your best alternative is to make that task an optional task that repeats weekly. If the date passes, both the start-date and due-date will be moved forward by 1 week. If that won't work, you'll need to edit both dates as you do now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.