ForumsQuestionsIs There an Android App With Usable Subtasks?

Is There an Android App With Usable Subtasks?
BeetRoot

Posted: May 25, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I've tried several ToodleDo-compatible Android apps, including the official ToodleDo app, and none of them appear to handle sub-tasks the way I need.

How I use tasks and sub-tasks:

This is how I manage projects. The top-level item representing the project is a Task, and the indented items are subtasks:

Mulch the Garden Beds (Folder: Projects. Context: None)
Find receipt for mulch company we used last year (Folder: Next Actions, Context: Phone)
Order 5 yards of mulch (Folder: None, Context: None...same for all other sub-tasks below)
Edge the garden
Weed the garden
Spread mulch

This setup works great in the web app:
* I can see a list of projects by looking at the Projects folder
* I can expand any project for which I want to review next actions
* I can view the Next Actions folder to "pick off" just the very next action from all of my projects

I can't seem to get any Android apps to work the way I want. I can get to my Next Actions just fine, by viewing the Next Actions folder. But I can't easily get to my list of next actions (all but the first not in the Next Actions folder) for a project.

I think the feature I need is a simple one: When I tap on a task in the Projects folder, show me the list of sub-tasks. Ideally this would be an "expand" option similar to the web interface. But it could also work in a way that the task's details are shown, and the details include a list of its sub-tasks.

This seems like a very straightforward feature. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one using sub-tasks in the manner I described above?

I'd love any help or advice on how to make any of the Android mobile apps work for me. So far, they've not been useful.

Thanks!
Dave
Michael_49

Posted: May 25, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Have you tried Ultimate To-Do List? It incorporates the sub tasks in its functionality.
http://todolist.co/
Geoff Peters

Posted: Jul 10, 2015
DGT GTD has a pretty good handling of subtasks on Android. But I don't think it will do what you need with next actions as a subtask.
BeetRoot

Posted: Oct 12, 2015
Thanks guys I'll give this a try!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.