ForumsQuestionsShare extensions and how they work

Share extensions and how they work
M

Posted: Jun 05, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I love being able to use my iPhone's "share extensions" (I think that's what they're called?) to take stuff I find when I'm browsing on my phone and create a reminder in TD to deal with it later (because I've lost opened pages in Safari, before).

However -- it appears that the share extension for TD works differently in different programs. I have no idea what goes into writing these but, when I try to share to Toodledo from the Feedly app -- all I get is a TITLE for the item I'm viewing, and not it's related URL (which I would expect to become the body of my task.

Is this something that SHOULD, or COULD work? Can we see how Toodledo's share extension is set to work for various apps, so we know what to expect?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 05, 2015
It depends a bit on what the other app is providing and how it's providing it. We tested it in a few apps, but not Feedly. I'll test Feedly and see if we can improve our share extension in a future update.
M

Posted: Sep 08, 2015
Any changes to the status of this? I'm still getting title only when I try to share from Feedly.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 08, 2015
Sorry, I haven't been able to find a solution to this one yet.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.