ForumsQuestionsSelect Parent Task Field

Select Parent Task Field
gvance

Posted: Jul 26, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
When I create a new task, I would like the option of turning it into a subtask. Is there any such field as a "select parent" field that would allow me to select from the list of parent tasks? The way that I utilize Toodledo doesn't make the drag and drop feature of creating a subtask feasible.

I've been using Toodledo for several years and have recruited several people to use it, and this is consistently one of the biggest frustrations that I have. I love the program, but I just can't figure out how to do this without utilizing a 3rd Party App like Informant.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 27, 2015
There are two ways to create a subtask.

1) Create a task and then drag it into the parent task.
2) Find the parent task first, then click the "add subtask" button in the action menu. This will add the new task directly as a subtask.
gvance

Posted: Jul 29, 2015
Jake,
Thanks for your reply. I don't know how much influence you have in this, but this seems like a significant oversight to ease of use and something that should be fairly easy to add. It seems like every task should be able to have a "parent" field in which a user could add the parent and automatically make that newly created task into a subtask.

Pocket Informant, which syncs to my Toodledo, allows me to do this, but I hate to use third party applications if not necessary.
Purveyor

nm

This message was edited Jul 29, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The problem is that some people have many thousands of tasks, so the "parent field" would be a popup with thousands of items in it, and it would be unusable. So, we would have to build some sort of search functionality into the parent field and this is much more complicated. However, something like this is on our todo list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.