ForumsQuestionsCan't print anymore

Can't print anymore
droze123

Posted: Aug 13, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I used to print on a daily basis my list of tasks.

However now, on both my home and office computer, when I try to print the list of tasks the first page now shows a long bulleted list of hotlinks (workspace, organize, folders, tools, etc.). I think this may have to do with the new organization of the tool bar, but obviously it is distracting to have a 80% of the first page of my daily list filled with the list of tools/functions that have nothing to do with my tasks.

Is there any way to just print a clean list of tasks like I used to? I know about the booklet, but that's not what I want -- just a simple list.

Thank you.
Angel V.

Score: 1 Reference
I'm having the same problem. A few months ago it just printed my tasks, now it prints 'full page' and that includes all of the items in the left hand column. :(
moore624

Amen. I submitted a ticket yesterday. I start my morning by printing my task list and having the junk at the top is really annoying. All I want is the list of tasks, nothing more. I hope Toodledo fixes this quickly.
me.bower

Amen. Having the same problem. I need a clean list! Hope this is an easy fix.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It should be fixed now. Please let us know. Sorry about that. We designed Toodledo to replace paper so we often forget to test and make sure that print works properly.
droze123

Yep, it is fixed -- at least partially. The text is now much smaller than it used to be with more white space. Much better, of course than the menu tools, but still not ideal.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2015.
Sarah_1312842127

Posted: Aug 14, 2015
Yes, it appears to be partially fixed. Now it's cutting off the last task on the bottom of the page, and/or the first on the top of the page. It used to format accordingly to that all lines were legible. Will you be correcting that as well? Understanding it was intended to replace paper, I use a printed list to make notes during all calls, etc. on my list each day. A printed list is a very helpful tool for me, and the app allows me to add things on the go so my list is ready the following day.
pakontras_1386454652

I also print my list daily, and I noticed that the text is now super small... almost unreadable. The old text size was perfect.
droze123

Sorry to pile on, but one other thing I noticed is that previously when I printed the text was relatively sharp; now it is somewhat blurry. It is almost as if previously the printer recognized it as text and used internal algorithms to smooth the text but now it is treating the letters as graphics and not smoothing the font.
Brian_14

Posted: Aug 16, 2015
Posted by Jake:
It should be fixed now. Please let us know. Sorry about that. We designed Toodledo to replace paper so we often forget to test and make sure that print works properly.

Sorry to report, Jake, that my TD task printing is not fixed yet either: 1st pg blank, print size minuscule, last item on pgs and 1st item on pgs after 1st are unreadable. Thx for your commitment to respond to your subscribers!
bevhatley

Posted: Aug 17, 2015
I'm having the same problem...1st pg blank, only printing the 1st page of my list, then following pages are blank. Thank you for looking at this for me.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2015.
Sarah_1312842127

I saw the post from Jake above.

It's not fixed. It is still cutting lines off at the page break, making them useless since there is not enough of the character shown to read it.

Looking forward to a quick fix.

scottcohen1

I am also having problems. (as of 10AM Monday)

In IE (10), the list can be printed but it's very blurry.

In Chrome, the type is so small (in order to fit the full column width on the page) that you can barely read it.

In Firefox, I am getting blank 1st pages, regular 2nd pages (showing what should be on the 1st page), and then everything after that is blank.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are working on improving printing this week. There is a challenge in printing for people who have enough columns to cause horizontal scrolling. In our testing, none of the web browsers will print the content that extends horizontally beyond the right side of the page. This means that we have to make a choice between shrinking everything down so it fits, which makes the text really tiny if you use lots of columns, or instead we could print the text at normal size and cut off the columns that don't fit on the page. We'll have to pick one, so be prepared. You may need to adjust your columns if you want the best printing experience. You can also switch into "Multi-line" view temporarily. Keep in mind that Toodledo was not designed to be printed. We designed Toodledo to be used in a web browser, so there will be unavoidable compromises to printing because of this.

If you want, you can use our export tools to export a CSV file which you can then load into a spreadsheet where you can control printing much more accurately.

Also, different browsers have different capabilities when it comes to printing. Firefox seems to be the worst.
Sarah_1312842127

I do use multiline view. My concern is not my columns, but my rows. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer to no avail. I also tried adjusting the margins in each to see if somehow I could get my pages to print without leaving off portions of my rows (again, not a column issue). I have even attempted to adjust the zoom before printing. No luck. It definitely worked seamlessly in Chrome before. While I understand that I could export it into a spreadsheet, my question would be...if that's necessary, why wouldn't I just use my spreadsheet as my list instead of your product then? Hoping to avoid unnecessary steps, afterall, the purpose of your product is for efficiency, right?

Jake

Toodledo Founder
The advantages of Toodledo is that you can quickly sort, filter, search, get alarms, sync with an iOS or Android app, etc. You cant do that with a spreadsheet.

Printing should be better by the end of the day. I have some fixes coming out for Firefox in particular.

pakontras_1386454652

Posted: Aug 18, 2015
For the record, when I make the physical window narrower, it seems to help by increasing the size of the printed text. The exact same list will print very differently if the browser window is narrow and tall versus short and wide. Short and wide = small text. Narrow and tall = larger text (using Chrome)

This message was edited Aug 18, 2015.
Sarah_1312842127

Posted: Aug 21, 2015
Thanks, Jake! I don't want to speak too soon, since this is the first I've tried since my last post, but I think it's fixed for Chrome!! :) That's a relief!

This message was edited Aug 21, 2015.
Mark Rutherford

Posted: Aug 28, 2015
I have been unable to print for 1-2 weeks now. And latest update makes task list unreadable on IE9 (federal employees on us govt networks often use older browsers and OS due to systemwide compatability concerns and migration schedules). I feel like I'm out of options with Toodledo and need to discontinue a longstanding relationship. Toodledo has been my exclusive ToDo systems for years and I hate to let it go. Any suggestions before I pull the plug?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 28, 2015
Can you please create a support ticket and share a screenshot of what it looks like for you in IE9. We test on IE9 all the time and we do not see any problems that would make our website unusable.

Also, we fixed a bunch of printing issues a few days ago. What problem are you still having?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.