ForumsQuestionsWhen i use the tasks, outlines, habits orlists

When i use the tasks, outlines, habits orlists
vferas

Posted: Aug 17, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Hello. Excuse-me for my poor english and my noob question. I´m use the toodledo a lot, but only the tasks. I´m needing to use for more complex things, and because this i´m trying to undestand the reason of the other tools (outline, habits and lists). For it´s appears like the same objective as tasks, but yet prepared to one especific goal (for example, habits for the actions of the days).
I would like, if is possible, that someone participated in the cration of this tools could tell me the reason.
I have completely understood that my question probably is idiot, but i couldn´t find this answers by miself (i tried to search in the forum, but i didn´t find).
Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 17, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Outlines was designed to allow people to organize information that is very hierarchical. If you have a complex project, you can organize all the little steps in an Outline and link it to a task instead of making a bunch of subtasks in the Tasks section. You can also use the Outline section for storing information that isn't a task. For example, your family tree.

Lists was designed to be a lightweight spreadsheet or database. You have total control over which columns you create for each list. You could put your tasks here if you want to have custom columns that our Tasks section doesn't support, but most people use this section to store information that you might have previously stored in a spreadsheet. For example, your address book.

The Habits section was designed to help you make good habits (exercise more) or break bad habits (eat less candy). These are behaviors (not necessarily tasks) that you want to track on a daily basis to visualize your progress.

hope that helps
vferas

Posted: Aug 18, 2015
Tanks, it is just i was thinking about a good answer.
gglomb

Posted: Sep 16, 2015
Posted by Jake:

..you can organize all the little steps in an Outline and link it to a task ...

How can I link an Outline to a task?

This message was edited Sep 16, 2015.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Sep 17, 2015
You add a link to Outline in just the same as you add other attachments to a task. So you should go to Tasks section, pick the task and select option to add attachment. I think subscription is required to do that.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.