ForumsQuestionsWhat happened to the icon field showing which tasks have notes?

What happened to the icon field showing which tasks have notes?
droze123

Posted: Sep 17, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
The icons showing which tasks have notes associated with them has disappeared on my workspace. The only way I can tell now which tasks have notes is to setting the default to multi line with notes showing. This is incredibly inefficient because I would end up going back and forth.

Maybe I'm missing something related to the design changes but I've spent 20 minutes and can't figure this out... has anyone else had this problem?

I also can't seem to edit column width, fields presented, etc. anymore. I was going to try to adjust there but can't figure that out how to do that anymore.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please reload the page in your web browser and see if that helps? If not, can you please create a support ticket and attach a screenshot and let us know which web browser you are using?
droze123

Posted by Jake:
Can you please reload the page in your web browser and see if that helps? If not, can you please create a support ticket and attach a screenshot and let us know which web browser you are using?

reloaded browser, even cleared cookies and rebooted. did not work. will create a support ticket for this and the missing icons on the left side of my ribbon bar
droze123

Posted: Sep 18, 2015
I tried this last night on my home PC using Firefox and it is fine.

It still doesn't display properly at work using Internet Explorer 11.

Perhaps this is an IE11 compatability issue?
Spanjet

Posted: Sep 28, 2015
I am having the same problem. My work computer only has IE11, so I do not have the option to change browsers. Anyone find a fix?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There seems to be a small number of people who use IE11 who cannot see "font icons". This is what we (and many websites) use to display the icons on our website. If you cant see our icons, then it means that you cant see any icons that are made using this common technique. If you want to confirm that this isn't just Toodledo, you can go here, where you should see a page of hundreds of icons. This is the page for one of the most popular "font icons" in use right now, so if it doesn't work there, it isn't going to work anywhere.

So far, all of the complaints that we have received appear to be from people using IE11 at work. We have not been able to reproduce the problem yet, but we suspect now that there is some security setting that corporate IT departments put on IE11 that makes it unable to display "font icons".

If anyone can help us figure this out, we would be very grateful. We would like to find a solution, but going back to our old image based icons is not a practical solution for us. Font icons have so many advantages (loads faster, prints better, scales up without looking pixelated, can be rotated, color and opacity can be changed dynamically, etc) that we are unwilling to give them up.

If you have the option of switching to Chrome or Firefox, they do not have the problem.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This setting in IE may have something to do with it. Not sure yet: http://img.ly/xtl9
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.