ForumsQuestionsMultiple reminders

Multiple reminders
max

Posted: Sep 20, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

Any thoughts on why I'm getting emailed 15 copies of every reminder instead of one as usual? I haven't changed anything, reminder still has only one email address etc.

Have clocks changed in the USA recently perhaps as this usually has a negative impact on reminders?

Thanks

Max
max

OK, it's back to one email reminder per task again. Wonder what makes it lose it like this from time to time? It vacillates between sending no reminders to sending 15 for each task at the same time.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2015.
TheGriff_2

To me it sounds as if there may have been a problem with your mail server for a little while. I'm wondering if Toodledo resent the reminders because it thought they never went through. Just a thought.
max

Posted: Sep 21, 2015
Interesting that it always only ever happens with Toodledo emails and not any others. Why does my server react badly to Toodledo is the question.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 21, 2015
Over the weekend there was a major outage at "Amazon Web Services" which affected a large portion of the internet, including Netflix, Reddit and others. Toodledo uses AWS for sending email alarms, and so our email alarms were affected (the rest of our website remained unaffected). During this 5 hour window, whenever Toodledo tried to send an email, it would return with an error. Toodledo assumed that the email was not sent and tried again 15 minutes later. Unbeknownst to us, the email was actually being accepted by AWS but delayed internally, so when the service recovered it delivered a bunch of duplicate email reminders for tasks. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused. It all happened very early in the morning on Sunday while we were out of the office so we didn't have a chance to intervene and improve the situation before it had already happened.
max

Posted: Sep 22, 2015
No worries and I know what you mean. In the end, we kept someone in the office over weekends in case these issues arose.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.