ForumsQuestionsSearch Sort Order

Search Sort Order
JD Osterman

Posted: Sep 28, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
For a while I've hoped for a way to set sort order for saved searches; I just checked the forum and see that this topic has come up from time to time over the years. But unless I'm mistaken, the most recent thread is no longer active. I'd like to echo previous users who have said how valuable search specific sort orders would be.

I can see that at one point the forum moderator said that this was on the "to do list" but that it is a low priority feature since a user can manually reorder every time they change to a different search. But while not necessarily requiring much time to do that, it DOES require the user to have memorized the sort order for each of their saved searches, which isn't always feasible -- or really in the spirit of GTD which suggests we should use systems that we can work with when we're at our worst, as well as our best; referring to our system, David Allen has often suggested asking ourselves “...can I maintain this easily if I am sick in bed with the flu?”

Toodledo is one of the most valuable services I use, and really ties in incredibly well with GTD. It's been great to see the recent flurry of interface updates; if you could see your way to address this as part of these updates, we would be thrilled !

This message was edited Sep 28, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We implemented this feature earlier this year :)

In your account settings under "Behavior Preferences" enable "Save sort preferences on a per-list basis".

Then go back to your saved searches (or any list) and set the sorts for each list. It will be remembered.
JD Osterman

Beautiful --- works great !! Thanks !
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.