ForumsQuestionsNavigation Bar task counts no longer separate from subtasks?

Navigation Bar task counts no longer separate from subtasks?
SharonPerp

Posted: Oct 07, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Did the redesign change how task counts are shown? I could swear the navigation bar used to show separate counts including or not-including subtasks. Is there any way to get that back?

It's really messing up my plan now. I had committed to keeping that task count to 100 or under (disregarding subtask count) and now it's freaking me out that it's over and I don't know how many are just subtasks.

Because I struggle with overwhelm, I often separate tasks into subtasks to a very fine degree. When I glance at my number of tasks, I don't want to see all those fine divisions! I looked in settings and didn't see a way to change it.

Is this something that other people wanted badly or is there a chance to get the old way back? I love Toodledo but have lost a seriously important function.

Thanks for any help,
Sharon
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The Sidebar has always shown the total number of tasks inside that list regardless of whether they are subtasks or not. There isn't currently a way to have that number badge exclude subtasks. Sorry.

This message was edited Oct 07, 2015.
SharonPerp

LOL, scary that I'm so sure there was one number and another in parentheses to indicate with subtasks. I'll just have to learn to live with it I guess. Thanks for speedy reply!

EDIT: Aha, mystery solved. Count with subtasks is indicated with a slash on my iPod. For instance, it now shows 41/121, much easier for me to deal with. So, I'm only partially crazed. :-)

This message was edited Oct 07, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
On the iPod, the first number is the number of tasks displayed. The number after the slash is the number of total tasks in the list with all your filters turned off (not just the subtasks).

On the website we put these numbers in different places. The number in the sidebar is the total number (no filters). The the smaller number is shown at the bottom of the page.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.