ForumsQuestionsMac OS X El Capitan support

Mac OS X El Capitan support
eimbier

Posted: Oct 19, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Since the OS X upgrade, the Toodledo Menu app is malfunctioning. Double words over buttons and the list of Folders does not scroll are a couple of issues. I wonder if someone could look into the bugs. The iOS and Android versions are doing fine. Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We will look into this. Thanks for letting us know.
Eric

I have the same problem. Late 2012 macbook. Seems like a graphics problem
aschwarz

Posted: Oct 27, 2015
Same to me!
It happens while creating a new task. Once you named the task and click add, all categories like context, folder, etc. pops up and the app doesn't work anymore; you can only quit & restart. By the way, editing a task works fine.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 27, 2015
I can confirm that El Capitan has broken the Mac App, and its going to be a lot of work to fix, but we are working on it.
Eric

Posted: Oct 30, 2015
Sorry to pile on, but I like the app very much and miss its functionality. One small suggestion. Could we have the option to remain visible? It now disappears as soon as it loses attention. Certainly a second level priority..And thanks for looking into this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 30, 2015
Menu bar apps like ours are not allowed to stay visible all the time, but if you want Toodledo to be visible all the time, I suggest you open Toodledo in a browser window and leave it open.
Eric

Posted: Nov 04, 2015
Thanks and understood. The quick keystroke to access the app is handy.
In any case take this as encouragement....
New Rob

Posted: Nov 12, 2015
Could you tell us if this has been resolved?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 12, 2015
It hasn't. Its going to be a long project to fix Unfortunately. El Capitan made a lot of changes that require us to do a lot of work.
Moshe.haven

Posted: Dec 29, 2015
I'm using a Macbook Pro, running OS X version 10.11.2 If I create a task using the Mac application the task is unreadable. Many characters are superimposed on others.

This should have been addressed while the upgrade was in beta. The code was widely distributed to developers.

Can you update the app so that it can be used to display status, and temporarily the function to allow creation of new tasks? At least that way you are not maintaining something out there that is a continuing embarrassment to your company.

This message was edited Dec 29, 2015.
Eric

Posted: Jan 08, 2016
Just noticed the same problem affect m.toodledo in both Chrome and Safari. This seems odd if its a compatability problem with 10.11.
Not to nudge, but these are all important to me as a user, and the only way of keeping my task list off line while traveling on OSX, if I'm remembering correctly.
Also just tried m.toodledo on ios9....same issue as well.
Hope this is helpful, its clearly not confined to the mac app.
Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 09, 2016
The problem is with m.toodledo.com (which is what is used inside the Mac app) and the latest version of Safari (which is installed with El Capitan and iOS 9). Its a fundamental problem that requires us to do major work to m.toodledo.com. Instead of doing that, we are going to replace m.toodledo.com with www.toodledo.com once we are finished with our redesign that allows the main site to work at any size. We are nearly there.
Eric

Posted: Jan 10, 2016
This is a somewhat minor problem for me, but this means the ability to modify tasks offline (as in m.toodledo) will no longer work, correct? Just trying to make sure that I understand..
Thanks for the quick response.
Eric
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 11, 2016
If you need to use Toodledo offline, I recommend using our iOS or Android apps, or a 3rd party app that syncs with Toodledo.

http://www.toodledo.com/tools/directory.php

The m.toodledo.com mobile website will work in browsers other than the latest version of Safari.
Eric

Posted: Jan 16, 2016
Jake:
Sorry but m.tootdledo.com in Chrome shows the same problem, unfortunately. So this means that there will be no offline solution other than 3rd party apps. I've tried/and paid for most of these for MacOSX and have not been pleased.
So, unfortunately, there won't be, as there was, support provided for the Mac Desktop that can be used offline, if I understand correctly.
Thanks so much for your response, and I hope the info on Chrome's problem rendering m.toodledo is helpful.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 19, 2016
We are in the process of rewriting the Tasks section of this website to work offline and at any browser size. When this is complete, m.toodledo.com will be discontinued because it will be redundant and is obviously broken on newer browsers. In the meantime, we do not have an official Toodledo solution for offline support on the desktop. However, you can use a 3rd party solution or use our iOS or Android apps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.